The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel English Language and Literature

Hi guys,
I have created this forum to share English resources for the Edexcel exam board.
Topics for the A2 exam include:
1. A Sense of Place
2. The Individual in Society
3. Love and Loss
4. Family Relationships

I am currently studying Shakespeare's 'Othello' and Shaffer's 'Equus' under the category of 'The Individual in Society'.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
the category I'm studying is 'Family Relationships' with the texts 'All My Sons' and 'A Doll's House'.
I'm studying 'Family Relationships with 'All My Sons' and 'A Doll's House' too, but I'm confused on how to structure section A?
I know we have to discuss purpose, audience, context etc, but how do they want us to structure the paragraphs?
Reply 3
I'm not entirely sure but I think a paragraph for each point you want to make would be a good structure.
Original post by EmilyToft2013
I'm studying 'Family Relationships with 'All My Sons' and 'A Doll's House' too, but I'm confused on how to structure section A?
I know we have to discuss purpose, audience, context etc, but how do they want us to structure the paragraphs?

Im struggling with that too
I have not seen an exemplar response
I know we are supposed to stress the content context style, attitudes values and ideas but Im not sure how to
Reply 5
Original post by CrazyBookLover
Im struggling with that too
I have not seen an exemplar response
I know we are supposed to stress the content context style, attitudes values and ideas but Im not sure how to

As far as I can tell you explore how different linguistic and literary techniques, as well as the purpose, context, genre, audience etc, reflect attitudes and ideas of the speakers/writers
Original post by meganface
As far as I can tell you explore how different linguistic and literary techniques, as well as the purpose, context, genre, audience etc, reflect attitudes and ideas of the speakers/writers

I understand that, but I dont understand how I should prepare for this exam
Our teacher is just focusing on Section B, said Section A's self explanatory, doesnt need class time wasted over...
Can anyone help me with how to structure an 'all my sons' essay for this specification? and if anyone has any relevant critical points or contextual points or any stock quotes that i can use for the 'elsewhere' part of the question. I would appreciate it so much if u helped, i might even send u a basket of mini muffins

Quick Reply