The Student Room Group

University problems (Philosophy)

Hi,
I am finding it difficult to decide on which university to go to next year. I am in year 13 and am predicted AAB and have been accepted by all five universities i've applied to (leeds, sheffield, manchester, liverpool and university of east anglia)
i am particularly interested in ethics and ancient philosophy but not many universities do so.
does anyone have any recommendations or advice they could give me?
thanks
Reply 1
Look at the course for each and choose which one you think you will like the most. Generally, if you enjoy your subject you will have a greater chance at success.

You will also need to consider the distance, do you want to live hours from home? Many will tell you that distance doesn't matter but I think it is an important consideration.

Go to open days and sample lectures if possible.
Reply 2
Original post by lolacraw
Hi,
I am finding it difficult to decide on which university to go to next year. I am in year 13 and am predicted AAB and have been accepted by all five universities i've applied to (leeds, sheffield, manchester, liverpool and university of east anglia)
i am particularly interested in ethics and ancient philosophy but not many universities do so.
does anyone have any recommendations or advice they could give me?
thanks

KU Leuven. BA in English - very deep and well rounded philosophy courses, especially ethics and historical philosophy.

It's very cheap and ranked highly.

To clarify it is a philosophy BA not English. It's courses are in English.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Law involves elements of philosophy and ethics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending