The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Accomodation

If I book any accommodation before I find out if I've gotten into a uni, will I get the deposit back if I cancel it? The problem is, there are very few accommodation placed left in uni halls already and I still have to wait another month before I even get my last interview, so I'm scared that there will be no accommodation left by the time I get to book it..
Reply 1
Original post by StayCee089
If I book any accommodation before I find out if I've gotten into a uni, will I get the deposit back if I cancel it? The problem is, there are very few accommodation placed left in uni halls already and I still have to wait another month before I even get my last interview, so I'm scared that there will be no accommodation left by the time I get to book it..

If you're talking about Birmingham, I'm pretty sure they don't charge you for a deposit until you get your results, so don't worry about that! If I was you, I'd apply now, as they use a queue system, so the earlier you apply , the further up the queue you are.

If you don't know which ones to choose, just put 6 random ones, you can change your preferences any time up until may, and your place in the queue won't be effected :smile:

Hope this helped!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2

That's not the way it works in uni accommodation. In some cases like Birmingham they do allocate in application order but as long as you apply by the deadline then your guaranteed a room somewhere.
Reply 3
So if I were to apply for some accommodation now would I have to pay right away?
Reply 4
So if I were to apply for some accommodation now would I have to pay right away?

No, not until your place at the uni is confirmed.... (After August).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Deposit wise I mean?
Reply 6
Deposit wise I mean?

Yeah, you don't pay the deposit until your place is confirmed either... Just apply, you have nothing to worry about :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Thank you so much :3

Quick Reply

Latest