The Student Room Group

What is the worst football match you have seen?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've seen some awful matches with my local team, Morecambe.
Reply 41
Worst game I've been to would be Barça/Arsenal 2011 at Camp Nou. That hurt for a while:frown:
Reply 42
The worst game I've been to was Liverpool 0-0 Charlton at Anfield in 2006. Liverpool had so many chances but just couldn't convert. Cisse, Fowler, Morientes and Crouch were hardly the most prolific selection of strikers.
I've seen tons of bad football matches. Worst I've been to was probably a reserve game against Blackburn where it was below freezing, the pitch had turned into a mud bath and neither side had a shot on target. Literally nothing happened.

As far as other games go, the one that always jumps to mind is the 2003 European Cup Final. That thing was just atrocious for such a hyped game. The United vs Villarreal games in Europe were dreadful too ... we've played them four times and neither team has ever scored against the other!
Accrington Stanley 1 - 5 Telford United

Awful. Just awful.
By worst I mean boring and without even thinking it no doubt involves wigan and/or bolton within the last decade.
Reply 46
chelsea vs ma u 2013

chelsea should be beating these mid table teams to win the tittle :wink:
Original post by Manbeerpig
Utd Vs Chelsea at old trafford this season

wanted to cry

well aint this the damn truth, as a chelsea fan, i was looking forward to this so much - and for what?
Reply 48
recently - Tottenham in the europa league last week.
I remember seeing Man City v West Brom a few years back in the days before City were cashed up.

Completely dire game and West Brom had 0 shots on target all game but managed to get a 1-1 draw because Richard Dunne scored an own goal.

Quick Reply

Latest