The Student Room Group

TSR Malaysian Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by koko298
Hey, I wanted to apply for universities in Malaysia. What should I do? How can I apply for universities in Malaysia. :/

I think you have to contact the university's admissions office directly. We don't have UCAS like for UK universities.. :colondollar:
Original post by purpliie
I never had astro in my life before, watch it online ! :biggrin:

Oh, pps? :tongue:
Reply 4082
Original post by oliviagunapalan
I think you have to contact the university's admissions office directly. We don't have UCAS like for UK universities.. :colondollar:

And how can I contact university's admissions office?
Original post by koko298

Through the respective universities website. Which uni are you looking at? I may be able to give you a few links. :smile:
Original post by koko298

Original post by Akiraryuu
Through the respective universities website. Which uni are you looking at? I may be able to give you a few links. :smile:

Yep. It's the only way I'm afraid. Let us know and we might be able to help you out! :smile:
Reply 4085
Mari berforum dalam bahasa melayu. Saya suka makan nasi lemak. Di sini, tiada nasi lemak. Jadi saya belajar masak nasi lemak. Malangnya, sampai sekarang nasi lemak buatan sendiri tidak sesedap nasi lemak di malaysia. Bla bla bla.
Sekian.
Reply 4086
Original post by speedstacker
Hi. I'm a malaysian but living in Scotland at the moment. I just wonder if there's any Malaysian here. Come and post in Bahasa if u can. I havent speak Bahasa for ages and wanted to practice.

Selamat datang!!! Nama saya Tan Wei Li. Saya berumur sembilan belas. Saya seorang perempuan dan belum ada teman lelaki. Tetapi saya tak mahu teman lelaki at the moment kerana saya mahu focous on pelajaran!!!:biggrin: Saya harap kamu boleh join in ! Terima kasih.:smile:

Wellcome too, saya juga baru join this forum juga. saya Waloya dari Indonesia, saya pernah ke malaysia juga, KL.
Saya juga sedang belajar english melalui forum ini, mari belajar bersama-sama. terima kasih/thanks/xie-xie.:smile:
Reply 4087
Original post by kisteaz
Mari berforum dalam bahasa melayu. Saya suka makan nasi lemak. Di sini, tiada nasi lemak. Jadi saya belajar masak nasi lemak. Malangnya, sampai sekarang nasi lemak buatan sendiri tidak sesedap nasi lemak di malaysia. Bla bla bla.
Sekian.

"nasi lemak" smiliar to "nasi uduk" in indonesia, :smile:. kenapa nasi lemaknya tidak sesedap seperti di malaysia? bumbunya ada yang kurang kah?
Reply 4088
hello :smile:
anyone here going to Cass Business School for the upcoming intake?
MSc Actuarial Science?? :smile:
Original post by zek
hello :smile:
anyone here going to Cass Business School for the upcoming intake?
MSc Actuarial Science?? :smile:

Hello! I'm going to Cass Business School for the upcoming intake, but for BSc Actuarial Science though. Nice meeting you! :cool:
Reply 4090
Most universities in Malaysia requires BM SPM which sadly I don't have :cry: and there's only 2 unis in Malaysia that accept GCSE Malay which are UiTM and UIA. But, the course Actuarial Science is only in UiTM (between that two unis) and its Diploma! Diploma for 3 years, Degree for 3 years :cry: Its so hard..
Original post by koko298
Most universities in Malaysia requires BM SPM which sadly I don't have :cry: and there's only 2 unis in Malaysia that accept GCSE Malay which are UiTM and UIA. But, the course Actuarial Science is only in UiTM (between that two unis) and its Diploma! Diploma for 3 years, Degree for 3 years :cry: Its so hard..

Ah I see. As far as I know, both of these universities are only reserved for Bumiputra so if you are non-Bumi, forget about it. I would suggest you to go for other private universities or some other places.
Reply 4092
Original post by Nicholasng925
Ah I see. As far as I know, both of these universities are only reserved for Bumiputra so if you are non-Bumi, forget about it. I would suggest you to go for other private universities or some other places.

Private like UniKL is RM 40,000. So, I think its better to study here if I'm gonna study in UniKL since 40,000 is approx 8000 pound. So, its better to study here :eek: I'm only hoping I can get to a uni here now.
Original post by koko298
Private like UniKL is RM 40,000. So, I think its better to study here if I'm gonna study in UniKL since 40,000 is approx 8000 pound. So, its better to study here :eek: I'm only hoping I can get to a uni here now.

you're staying in Manchester? Isn't it already too late to apply for this coming September intake in the UK universities?
Reply 4094
Original post by Nicholasng925
you're staying in Manchester? Isn't it already too late to apply for this coming September intake in the UK universities?

Ah, I am in Manchester now. I have applied and I got 4 offers from CUL, Manchester Uni, Heriot-Watt and Uni of East Anglia. I've firmed Uni of East Anglia and my insurance is Heriot-Watt :smile:

How bout you?
Reply 4095
Original post by koko298
Ah, I am in Manchester now. I have applied and I got 4 offers from CUL, Manchester Uni, Heriot-Watt and Uni of East Anglia. I've firmed Uni of East Anglia and my insurance is Heriot-Watt :smile:

How bout you?

Hiya, normally people living in Malaysia dream on getting into overseas university but you are from Manchester and had offers from so many university but you still prefer a Malaysian university??

I don't get it :confused:

-Kev
Reply 4096
Just received an unconditional offer from Heriot watt, anyone there? But i'm still waiting for response from Bath as that is my 1st choice xD. So far i've just received replies from H.Watt and Newcastle(conditional)
Reply 4097
Original post by Vodka
Hiya, normally people living in Malaysia dream on getting into overseas university but you are from Manchester and had offers from so many university but you still prefer a Malaysian university??

I don't get it :confused:

-Kev

Its not that I prefer Malaysian university, its just that something bad happened to me :smile: Inbox me if you wanna know x :smile:
Original post by koko298
Its not that I prefer Malaysian university, its just that something bad happened to me :smile: Inbox me if you wanna know x :smile:

Still, I think people would prefer to go to Singaporean universities instead. I know I would :tongue:
Reply 4099
Original post by Akiraryuu
Still, I think people would prefer to go to Singaporean universities instead. I know I would :tongue:

Yeah thats true but "no money no talk!" that applies to me :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest