The Student Room Group

TSR Malaysian Society

Scroll to see replies

macam "EEEEHHHH????" :P
Reply 81
Memang betul!
Oh hari ini adalah hari terakhir saya berada di sekolah...saya berasa weird...anyway the S6 students will have lots of fun tomorro!! We gonna play water fight with the teachers, free lunch in school and go paint balling!
alah. I ada satu tahun lagi sebelum I graduate. cis berdebah. :P
Reply 83
speedstacker
Hi. I'm a malaysian but living in Scotland at the moment. I just wonder if there's any Malaysian here. Come and post in Bahasa if u can. I havent speak Bahasa for ages and wanted to practice.

Selamat datang!!! Nama saya Tan Wei Li. Saya berumur sembilan belas. Saya seorang perempuan dan belum ada teman lelaki. Tetapi saya tak mahu teman lelaki at the moment kerana saya mahu focous on pelajaran!!!:biggrin: Saya harap kamu boleh join in ! Terima kasih.:smile:

hi,Ms Tan .i m Hunter n i m a Malaysian.i m 17 n i m a boy.nice 2 meet u
lol we're all not really talking to only the OP. we're more like Malaysians just hanging out together. Hi Hunter, nice name you have there. You're 17? cool.
Reply 85
Apa khabar semua? :p: Ish, menyampah cakap dalam bahasa baku...
Reply 86
Bahasa baku, the bane of all kids studying Malay in Singapore... Are Malaysians also required to gunakan bahasa baku as well?
Reply 87
Fa|ique
Bahasa baku, the bane of all kids studying Malay in Singapore... Are Malaysians also required to gunakan bahasa baku as well?

Yep, but they don't speak using bahasa baku. who does anyhow?
Reply 88
Singaporeans during the Malay news, and during oral examinations, obviously... I was once interviewed on the radio, and had to constantly make sure my pronunciation was according to baku standards... What a pain in the behind... :rolleyes:
Reply 89
Fa|ique
Singaporeans during the Malay news, and during oral examinations, obviously... I was once interviewed on the radio, and had to constantly make sure my pronunciation was according to baku standards... What a pain in the behind... :rolleyes:

Yikes, I remember bahasa baku. Absolutely horrible! :p:
Reply 90
Hunter Tan
hi,Ms Tan .i m Hunter n i m a Malaysian.i m 17 n i m a boy.nice 2 meet u

Is Tan your sir name?! OMG, I'm Tan as well!!! dimanakah kamu tinggal? Saya dari Melaka tetapi tinggal in UK sekarang.
Reply 91
Knogle
Yikes, I remember bahasa baku. Absolutely horrible! :p:

Sorry but what's the difference between bahasa baku and bahasa Melayu that we learn in school? Any example?
speedstacker
Sorry but what's the difference between bahasa baku and bahasa Melayu that we learn in school? Any example?

usually we pronounce 'saya' as "sah-yer", but in bahasa baku we have to go "SAH YAH". so it's ANNOYING. all you ever hear in bahasa baku pronunciation is AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH. y'know? :P
Reply 93
speedstacker

strawberry above has an example.

Bahasa baku is just an anal restriction on the pronounciation of Malay words.
Reply 94
Very true... Annoyed me to no end...
Reply 95
O I C. Ya i remember that! I have to speak in bahasa baku when i have my oral test. Memang susah kerana aku sudah biasa dengan cakapan biasa.
Reply 96
speedstacker
O I C. Ya i remember that! I have to speak in bahasa baku when i have my oral test. Memang susah kerana aku sudah biasa dengan cakapan biasa.

I know! Bahasa baku is soooooooo annoying especially since you're supposed to talk using it during your orals. I remember those days - what a pain in the arse!
oh man. seriously...all I could ever here was stuff like "NaMAH saYAH ialah Kimberly. Topik saYAH paDAH hari ini aDAHlah tentang betaPAH bodohnya bahaSAH baku." :p:
Reply 98
strawberry
oh man. seriously...all I could ever here was stuff like "NaMAH saYAH ialah Kimberly. Topik saYAH paDAH hari ini aDAHlah tentang betaPAH bodohnya bahaSAH baku." :p:

yea that. well the bottom line is, bahasa baku is deffo tremendously stupid. they just want us to preserve the old Malay language.
BUT WE NEED CHANGE! AND CHANGE IS GOOD! :mad:
jeez...:biggrin:
hahaha it's not even really change saying "sayer" y'know? people have been doing that for AGES

Quick Reply

Latest