The Student Room Group

US Cops attempt to murder children.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by the mezzil
Go for the drivers door, not the passenger door? Not difficult, the 14 year old was not driving, the mother was.

Well he was on the side where the guy who attacked him went in, so... what? Walk round the front and risk the car running him over or walk round the back and risk it driving off?

One thing I don't get is why the backup car didn't stop in front of their car, it wouldn't have got away that way.
Reply 41
Original post by Snagprophet
Well he was on the side where the guy who attacked him went in, so... what? Walk round the front and risk the car running him over or walk round the back and risk it driving off?

One thing I don't get is why the backup car didn't stop in front of their car, it wouldn't have got away that way.

It drove off anyone BECAUSE the officer did not get the woman out of the car.

They didn't stop in front of the car because Americans are gun toting nutcases who will use any excuse to shoot at you.
(edited 10 years ago)
It drove off anyone BECAUE the officer did not get the woman out of the car.

They didn't stop in front of the car because Americans are gun toting nutcases who will use any excuse to shoot at you.

Well you seem fairly rational at the very least.
Reply 43
Well you seem fairly rational at the very least.

Evidence to counter my points? No? Well then.
Evidence to counter my points? No? Well then.

I never saw anywhere where you had a point really. Simplifying the events, with a bias towards the police as if their aim was to kill someone. You can tell because your title was biased against them.
Reply 45
I never saw anywhere where you had a point really. Simplifying the events, with a bias towards the police as if their aim was to kill someone. You can tell because your title was biased against them.

If you can't understand the simple fact that there was children in the back of a vehicle that US cops intentionally shot at, you need some medical attention. They knew there was children inside, and they have other means of stopping the car. (such as not letting the woman get back in the car in the first place)
(edited 10 years ago)
If you can't understand the simple fact that there was children in the back of a vehicle that US cops shot at, you need so medical attention.

Irony.

There are many other simple facts in this. Most of all, we have the ability to craft our own methods of how we'd handle the situation because of a thing called hindsight.
Reply 47
Irony.

There are many other simple facts in this. Most of all, we have the ability to craft our own methods of how we'd handle the situation because of a thing called hindsight.

So you would still shoot at the children then?
So you would still shoot at the children then?

If I thought I had line of sight and the next procedure was to disable the tyres, yes. We cannot see the officer's line of sight and I haven't got a copy of the Arizona or Whereverland's police book on rules and whether they added a special line if children were in there or not.

Anyway, we're going round in circles so I'm out.
Reply 49
mezzil, you are in the army, are you not? Your job is to shoot anyone and anything you are told to, no questions asked.

This situation:

1) A cop pulls a family over
2) They try to escape
3) Pulled over again
4) Mum gets out, gets pissy.
5) Her children proceed to get out, trying to beat up and abuse a police officer.
6) They try to drive away
7) Police officer shoots at tyres.

Please, you sensationalist, generalizing idiot, please tell me where the officer a) 'attempts to murder children' or b) 'shoots at 6 year olds' .
Reply 50
If I thought I had line of sight and the next procedure was to disable the tyres, yes. We cannot see the officer's line of sight and I haven't got a copy of the Arizona or Whereverland's police book on rules and whether they added a special line if children were in there or not.

Anyway, we're going round in circles so I'm out.

So basically your the sort of person who would claim "I was just following orders" if you killed an innocent. Just like how the Nazi's were "just following orders and the law".

You basically have no moral courage to stand up for what is right, rather than what is law.

I despise immoral people like you. One day we (humanity) will eradicate your entire species.
(edited 10 years ago)
The first officer did nothing wrong at all, I'm unsure if the one who shot at the tyres should have done so or not as it was a little risky.

That stupid woman should be locked away for a few years for running from police and endangering the lives of those children. What a terrible role model for them. I hate people as entitled as her who think the law doesn't apply to them.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by joey11223
Probably open the door using the door handle, generally the done thing if one is forced to smash a car window to gain access in an emergency.

Yes, on the driver's side, not the passenger's.

Regardless, this wasn't an emergency - he wasn't dealing with a fugitive or a murder suspect, it was a mother and her kids being idiots. You don't start smashing windows and firing shots. It's beyond stupid, hence why one of the officers has lost his job.
Reply 53
Original post by BenAssirati
mezzil, you are in the army, are you not? Your job is to shoot anyone and anything you are told to, no questions asked.

This situation:

2) They try to escape
3) Pulled over again
5) Her children proceed to get out, trying to beat up and abuse a police officer.

Please, you sensationalist, generalizing idiot, please tell me where the officer a) 'attempts to murder children' or b) 'shoots at 6 year olds' .

Army Reserve until I leave uni. And I don't think you understand my job. It is not simply shoot and scoot. Anyway I don't see how that is relevant.

I'll link you to this.http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CEEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.army.mod.uk%2Fdocuments%2Fgeneral%2Fv_s_of_the_british_army.pdf&ei=HKX3UpPIKaSr7Aa4l4HgAQ&usg=AFQjCNHagiG9A7WkwGwzngt2SNcE0Buhqg&bvm=bv.60983673,d.d2k
Skip to the courage bit, number 10.

The officer showed no moral courage. He shot at unarmed civilians. He shot a vehicle containing children as young as 6. He took reckless and unnecessary risk, and abused his position of power.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 54
Haha, gotta love the anti-gun agenda by the liberal sheep ITT.
Original post by Sai4
Haha, gotta love the anti-gun agenda by the liberal sheep ITT.

Why does having certain social/political beliefs make one a sheep?

Certainly no more a sheep than, say, copying a location and signature on an online forum.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myqwv1xxkv4

These cops should be shot themselves.

The USA are full of pathetic imbeciles like these. Why are we even allied with such animals? A police state run by 2 parties (democracy :rolleyes:) that allows anyone regardless of education to run around with guns shooting up whatever they don't like, whilst the rest of the population eat themselves to death and destroy the planet because they think "god has blessed America" and allowed them to do so.

You do not shoot at 6 year old children, even if there mother is a bit of a dick. Not one of them had a weapon, let alone a gun. I hope those cops get shot themselves, they were bang out of order. What's worse is the result of the investigation, the cops were not charged.

Those cops may be pathetic imbeciles but they are more than likely very proficient with a sidearm. If those 6 yr. olds had been their targets, chances are at least one of them would be dead.Luckily for us, the police over here are some of our strongest supporters of the 2nd Amendment and take great pride in their ability to hit their target. It's sound odd to hear I live in a police state; who would've known? To say that women was being," a bit of a dick", doesn't quite cover it. Would you have jotted down her plate number and sent her a letter asking her to come down to station at her leisure and answer a few questions? You cannot allow people to jump back in their cars and lead police on a high speed chase through the streets. There have been so many innocent people killed in collisions with fleeing criminals that a lot of police departments have been instructed to break off pursuits. If a helicopter is available I suppose this is an option. Do you think that women gives a squat about the welfare of those children? Those children should be taken from her and she should be charged with felony child endangerment While the officers should be forced to take a weeks paid vacation at the resort of their choice.
Original post by BenAssirati

This situation:

2) They try to escape
3) Pulled over again

Good on ya'. Well put.
Reply 58
Original post by Oldcon1953
Those cops may be pathetic imbeciles but they are more than likely very proficient with a sidearm. If those 6 yr. olds had been their targets, chances are at least one of them would be dead.Luckily for us, the police over here are some of our strongest supporters of the 2nd Amendment and take great pride in their ability to hit their target. It's sound odd to hear I live in a police state; who would've known? To say that women was being," a bit of a dick", doesn't quite cover it. Would you have jotted down her plate number and sent her a letter asking her to come down to station at her leisure and answer a few questions? You cannot allow people to jump back in their cars and lead police on a high speed chase through the streets. There have been so many innocent people killed in collisions with fleeing criminals that a lot of police departments have been instructed to break off pursuits. If a helicopter is available I suppose this is an option. Do you think that women gives a squat about the welfare of those children? Those children should be taken from her and she should be charged with felony child endangerment While the officers should be forced to take a weeks paid vacation at the resort of their choice.

Your country is a police state. You have 5% of the worlds population, but 25% of the worlds prison population. You are worse than North Korea. Have a think to yourself why they support the second amendment so much.

Americans are so paranoid they think that a M16 in their cupboard will guarantee the USA never being a dictatorship.:rolleyes: I'm guessing they are so xenophobic and nationalist they can't see beyond their nose. I guess all countries that don't allow guns (Most of Europe) are dictatorships then... Obviously.

You only have 2 political parties that can gain any sort of power. (Democracy ehh)

The woman should be arrested, but that does not mean she deserves to have her children shot at.

Profecient? BULL ****. Most police departments only train about two times a year, averaging less than 15 hours annually. It is basically giving a civie a 2 day lesson on marksmanship principles then claiming they are the SAS and will always shoot straight and never miss.
(edited 10 years ago)
Your country is a police state. You have 5% of the worlds population, but 25% of the worlds prison population. You are worse than North Korea.

You only have 2 political parties that can gain any sort of power. (Democracy ehh)

The woman should be arrested, but that does not mean she deserves to have her children shot at.

Profecient? BULL ****. Most police departments only train about two times a year, averaging less than 15 hours annually.

I come from a family of lifelong shooters. I would say that fully 80% of the participants in competitive shooting matches are police officers who are sponsored by their departments. As far as our prison population goes, it has always seemed to me that the freest people would have the highest prison population. I suppose we could follow China's example and lead the world in executions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending