The Student Room Group

How many Universities can I apply to?

Hi all,

I think I'v heard my mates talking about this and they've said that you can apply to 5 but I think this is through UCAS. So is there any other way where you can apply to more than 5 universities?

Cheers
Reply 1
Wait! Are we talking about medicine in specific? If yes, you can only apply to 4 unis while the 5th should be something else through UCAS. If no, then you can apply to 5 unis through UCAS. You must apply through UCAS so there is no other choice meaning that you can only apply to 5 unis.
(edited 10 years ago)
In the UK, you have to apply for university through UCAS. For almost all subjects you can only apply to 5 courses. However, for medicine this is limited to 4, and your fifth choice must be something different, but often it is a related subject e.g. biomedical sciences. So for any year you can apply to a maximum of 5 unis in the UK, of which only 4 will be medical courses. You can also apply to a university abroad if you want to, and this is not through UCAS.
All UK medical schools go through UCAS currently, and you can apply to a maximum of four medical schools in one year. Also, you can only apply to one of Oxford or Cambridge in a year. You can use your 5th choice to apply for a different course which isn't subject to the '4 choices only' restriction - lots of people apply for biomedical sciences for instance.

If you are interested in Medicine abroad, that's totally outside UCAS, and every year a few people apply to med schools abroad as well as in the UK
Reply 4
Thanks everyone. This clears a lot of things up :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending