The Student Room Group

Dating with BPD and Bipolar

So I've been out of the whole 'dating' game for about 2 and a half years. After a string of one night stands here and there I recently met this girl (on the app 'Tinder' of all places) and after meeting up with her a few times on nights out with friends and having a bit of a drunk kiss in the back of a taxi, I think I've discovered myself starting to become quite fond of her and as such my mind feels like it on ****ing fire!

The thing that's driving me mad is the mixed messages, one minute she's being affectionate and showing real signs that she likes me, the next minute she's almost ignoring me. She was acting really strange in a bar on Thursday night so I left her with her friends and went home. Then she sends me a text a few hours later apologising, saying she was tired and that she want's to do something. So we agreed to do something tonight and now she's being vague again.

I have both Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar II (Which she doesn't know), and the stupid BPD in me can't help but go into meltdown mode in this situation and it's driving me nuts! It's almost as if I know she's going to flake on me tonight.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this or how to cope in this situation? Anything that will stop me loosing my mind right now will help.:frown:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been out of the whole 'dating' game for about 2 and a half years. After a string of one night stands here and there I recently met this girl (on the app 'Tinder' of all places) and after meeting up with her a few times on nights out with friends and having a bit of a drunk kiss in the back of a taxi, I think I've discovered myself starting to become quite fond of her and as such my mind feels like it on ****ing fire!

The thing that's driving me mad is the mixed messages, one minute she's being affectionate and showing real signs that she likes me, the next minute she's almost ignoring me. She was acting really strange in a bar on Thursday night so I left her with her friends and went home. Then she sends me a text a few hours later apologising, saying she was tired and that she want's to do something. So we agreed to do something tonight and now she's being vague again.

I have both Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar II (Which she doesn't know), and the stupid BPD in me can't help but go into meltdown mode in this situation and it's driving me nuts! It's almost as if I know she's going to flake on me tonight.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this or how to cope in this situation? Anything that will stop me loosing my mind right now will help.:frown:

This is the awful thing about BPD and anxiety; no matter if you tell yourself you're being silly, it will torment you. And it'll get the better of you and you'll spiral, and you'll drive her away. I really do feel for you sir. But as a BPD sufferer, relationships will always be a very difficult road. Stay strong

Quick Reply

Latest