The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by awe
Yup! It's mad that such a thing should ever be directly related to strength or bravery, or whatever else people place into the construct of masculinity. Perhaps it's somewhat true with people who are putting on a facade and who are 'compensating' thus use their height to claim dominance and airs of excessive confidence... but realistically, it should say nothing towards the suitability of a partner personality-wise.

Not to mention the currently undefeated boxer is like 5'6 or something and has beaten opponents way taller than him. It's more of a media stereotype tbh and it's one of the few remaining things which are acceptable to criticise for some reason even though it can't be changed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes..my boyfriend's hands are smaller than mine though he is tall and i am only 5ft, lol. I really dont mind if he holds my hands and his are smaller. my hands look bigger cause i have longer fingers than him. i don't find that odd or weird. :smile: i don't think that is a basis for a relationship.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 42
Incidentally I just measured mine. 18cm (from wrist to to tip of middle finger), average male is 18.9cm and average female is 17.2cm. Hmm.
"Before I agree to go out with you, hold up your hand.... Hmm, exactly 1/2 an inch under my required specifications. It's a no from me"

Seriously?
Reply 44
It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but considering I have smaller hands than most women I know it'd be pretty unusual to find a man with smaller hands than me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by Qymberley
... small hands mean nothing. Much so like height and nail length.

Nail length is another story.
Reply 46
My hands are weirdly bigger than My bf's. It's not like my hands are big big but he had really got small hands and short fingers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .sophia
Nail length is another story.

Hahaha
Um, I'm someone who likes to be made to feel small and dainty in comparison to my partner, so while him having smaller hands than I do may be a bit of a turn-off, it certainly wouldn't be a deal-breaker.
Reply 49
Wow. This thread is ridiculous.

People saying they wouldn't date someone because of HAND SIZE?!
Asd what's with all these similar threads. I don't go and compare hand sizes and judge whether I want to go out with someone based on that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by alow

Whats wrong with that?

Plenty of women wouldn't date a man with smaller hands/feet, as much as they wouldn't want to date a man weighs less than them or who is shorter than them. Quite normal I would assume.
Original post by Obiejess
Small hands normally equals small something else...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, this guy had pretty small hands and size 7 feet. He was definitely not small in another region though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
Not in my, or any of the women I know's experiemne...

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow where do i sign up to be a test subject tho? lol
Reply 54
No I wouldn't care but my hands are tiny so he must have the hands the size of a 7 year old!
why would hands matter??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
Original post by The Lord
I'm a guy and frankly, if a girl turned me down because of the size of my hands, I'd probably be glad I didn't end up in a relationship with someone so superficial.

I agree with you 100% (though I'm a girl).

I have tiny hands, being 5"1, but even if a guy had hands smaller than these, so what? Lol. No big deal.
Reply 57
My hands are so big that I would struggle not to date a man with smaller hands than me. I'd be ruling out about 95% of guys if I applied that rule :\
Reply 58
Original post by alow

Perhaps "hand" was a euphemism. :dontknow: :wink: Nom sayin?
Original post by majmuh24
:lolwut:

How old are you again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How old are you? :biggrin:

Latest