The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

O
Original post by OxbridgeAddict
How old are you? :biggrin:

Try looking at my profile :tongue:
Original post by awe
I can't believe there are actually comments on here saying that small hands and shortness = lack of masculinity. I can only really reassure myself that these comments are coming from people who perhaps haven't really experienced real relationships and intimacy in a mature situation before. Unfortunately I'm probably wrong. o.o Mad.

This is precisely what I was thinking. If girls are going to judge compatibility based on the supposed lack of masculinity due to small hands, then there is something wrong. To those girls with such views, I sure do hope that you are fair and have no problem in guys judging your femininity based on how curvy your hips are, how long your legs are and how big/nice your boobs are!

Sure, certain physical attributes can attract certain people, but I don't understand why not ticking one of these boxes should be a deal breaker.
Doesn't bother me. I have quite large hands, though, for a girl.
Reply 63
I would only be slightly put off because I have tiny hands so it would be kind of strange. But it wouldn't be a deal breaker if that was the only thing I didn't like, it really wouldn't matter and I'd get over it!

As for the other comments - I just want to clarify I don't think it is a lack of masculinity as you can't help it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 64
Original post by Anonymous
Incidentally I just measured mine. 18cm (from wrist to to tip of middle finger), average male is 18.9cm and average female is 17.2cm. Hmm.

Other studies have shown it to larger than that, around 17.5cm for a female and a bit over 19cm for a male. Ooooh some men starting to feel insecure lol. :biggrin:
My hands are close to the womens average than the males. Oh dear.

Don't think it matters much does it? I often take small mens gloves hehe.
Maybe not... I like the fact my boyfriend has bigger hands than me. I have tiny hands so for a guy to have smaller ones would creep me out...

Plus, foreplay with bigger hands/fingers is always better. :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)
My boyf has smaller hands than me. Only a bit smaller. They're nice hands though. Delicate and soft. I don't want to be touched by rough, clumsy hands anyway. His hands always look so clean.
There's no hand to whatsername ratio y'know. Just sayin' :wink:
Reply 68
Original post by alow
Wow. This thread is ridiculous.

People saying they wouldn't date someone because of HAND SIZE?!

This. What has tsr come to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
I have been dating guys with smaller hands and although it never worked out in the end, I'm sure that wasn't a consequence of the size of their hands :wink:
If you like someone, it shouldn't matter how their hands look anyway, just saying :biggrin:
Reply 70
I suppose its more of an issue for girls with bigger hands, bit like taller girls having a problem with short guys sort of thing.
LOL. Read the title of the thread again.

Jesus Christ!
Reply 72
I'm in a relationship with a guy who is smaller than me in most ways. Smaller hands, smaller feet, shorter... etc. It doesn't put me off much, although I don't know what its like to date a "big" guy.
Original post by Obiejess
Nah cause I knew a guy with some massive feet and he didnt live up to the stereotype. However with hands its always been pretty accurate...

Posted from TSR Mobile

As a guy with 21cm hands I can (sadly) say this isn't true...
I've never actually met any guys with smaller hands than me (or maybe I have but just haven't realised)...even guys shorter than me (although I'm really short) have bigger hands than me.
Reply 75
Original post by Holby_fanatic
Maybe not... I like the fact my boyfriend has bigger hands than me. I have tiny hands so for a guy to have smaller ones would creep me out...

Plus, foreplay with bigger hands/fingers is always better. :colone:

This!
Reply 76
Original post by Kandybars
I've never actually met any guys with smaller hands than me (or maybe I have but just haven't realised)...even guys shorter than me (although I'm really short) have bigger hands than me.

Its not unusual for women to have bigger hands than their bf's or anything. Whats the average shoe size for a girl these days? Size 6? Creeping up closer to the average mens. :cool:
Original post by Anonymous
Its not unusual for women to have bigger hands than their bf's or anything. Whats the average shoe size for a girl these days? Size 6? Creeping up closer to the average mens. :cool:

I'm quite small though so it's unusual for me, haha :biggrin:
That's a lie lol I have really small hands for a guy and I can safely say I'm well endowed :wink:
My boyfriend is the same height as me but I still wear heels and stuff and I'm taller than him then but I don't care. We have really similar sized hands and it doesn't put me off him xxx my hands are tiny so I'm not fussed:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending