The Student Room Group

What motivates girls to 'cockblock'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by andrew2209
You know, not every single male is a rapist.
Oh. I didn't know that, thank you for educating me. :congrats:
Where did Imply that in my post? I did not aim the comment at all males or you personally unless your name is 'a Chinese loser'.

"If she is drunk she might be having fun." But she will also be more likely get into situations which she would recoil in horror from if she were sober.

The attitude of 'every girl who is drunk' must be asking for it is abhorrent.

The attitude that "if she is single it's fine whatever the hell happens to her", is beneath contempt and indicates the poster cannot undertsand that mutual respect does not treat women as an object to be used and discarded.
Reply 61
Original post by uberteknik
Oh. I didn't know that, thank you for educating me. :congrats:
Where did Imply that in my post? I did not aim the comment at all males or you personally unless your name is 'a Chinese loser'.

"If she is drunk she might be having fun." But she will also be more likely get into situations which she would recoil in horror from if she were sober.

The attitude of 'every girl who is drunk' must be asking for it is abhorrent.

The attitude that "if she is single it's fine whatever the hell happens to her", is beneath contempt and indicates the poster cannot undertsand that mutual respect does not treat women as an object to be used and discarded.

It takes two to tango dear. If we're both drunk, the responsibility is even. You do believe in gender equality after all, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
If I'm going out with my mates, which rarely happens because I hate clubs, I either know already if they're likely to mind "going home" with someone, or I'll ask.

I was at an Erasmus party with some girls I'd only known a few days, and once took my mate out to the loo, asked her if she wanted to sleep with the guy she'd been dancing with, and she hadn't even realised he might want that! Which meant I had to spend the rest of the night trying to stop him forcing his tongue down her throat. She was fine to dance with him, but because she didn't physically try to stop him taking it further, he was taking that as "yes, please".
At home, I'd trust my mates much more to look out for themselves, and I'd never wade into a situation to check whether someone was happy with it. But if they indicated they weren't happy, I'd do something about it.

OP, there are numerous reasons:
jealous girlfriends
genuinely caring girlfriends who know she'd regret it - virgin/conservative/in a relationship
girlfriends who are meant to be sleeping at her place and can't get in without her key, which they won't have if she goes home with you....
Original post by Jebedee
It takes two to tango dear. If we're both drunk, the responsibility is even. You do believe in gender equality after all, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Major ridiculous assumption. Shouldn't you ask the girl that question, after all, it's not me you are trying to shag?

I can make sweeping generalisations too: 95% of lads out on the raz with their mates are after getting laid and would take advantage if a situation arises. If a girl is drunk and happens to be in the firing line, it does not equate to her wanting to get laid.
Reply 64
maybe she was hoping for some lezzie action.
Reply 65
Original post by uberteknik
Major ridiculous assumption. Shouldn't you ask the girl that question, after all, it's not me you are trying to shag?

I can make sweeping generalisations too: 95% of lads out on the raz with their mates are after getting laid and would take advantage if a situation arises. If a girl is drunk and happens to be in the firing line, it does not equate to her wanting to get laid.

What I mean is that why shouldn't she have equal responsibility to ask me first. If I don't ask and neither does she then we're both at equal odds regardless of fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jebedee
What I mean is that why shouldn't she have equal responsibility to ask me first. If I don't ask and neither does she then we're both at equal odds regardless of fault.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OK. My apologies for misunderstanding your comment. :smile:
Oh what can I say . We care for our friends . :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's worse getting cockblocked by your own female friends, especially when they aren't interested in you but are stopping you getting with anyone else.
Every time I've "cockblocked" I've been asked to. Lol. My friends have sent me texts asking me to come over and interrupt etc. It's usually by the other girl's request/as a friend you can sense she's uncomfortable.
Reply 70
Original post by Anonymous
Basically, I went out with a big group on Thursday, who all knew each other. Unsurprisingly, some of us were quite drunk. Getting to the point, one of the girl was getting dancing with me, and we were getting pretty close, until her friend then went and cock-blocked the **** out of me in someway and sent the girl home pretty much

To make matters worse, when the girl who stepped in got back to campus, she told all the other girls, and probably made me seem like I was being a creep of some kind.

So what's usually the motive behind cockblocking?

Being concerned because their friend is too drunk/has a partner or made them promise they wouldn't let them go home with anyone.

Generally among good friends you don't let your friend go home with a random when they are really drunk.
Reply 71
The only time I've cock-blocked someone is when I had a friend who was well into her double figures and would go home with a different guy everytime we went out. The next morning I'd have to deal with all her self-pitying whining. Then she got a boyfriend and ended up getting drunk and cheating on him, so asked me to stop her from doing anything with other guys, even when she was single. I used to just pull her away and tell her we had to go home. And once I just couldn't be bothered to step in, so my then-boyfriend decided to do the cock-blocking. He ended up getting punched by the guy.
Because it is funnay and the guy runs home crying to write a bitchy comment on TSR. :tongue:
Original post by wildrover
It's worse getting cockblocked by your own female friends, especially when they aren't interested in you but are stopping you getting with anyone else.

Any girl who does that shouldn't be your friend.
Reply 74
Original post by syrettd
The only time I've cock-blocked someone is when I had a friend who was well into her double figures and would go home with a different guy everytime we went out. The next morning I'd have to deal with all her self-pitying whining. Then she got a boyfriend and ended up getting drunk and cheating on him, so asked me to stop her from doing anything with other guys, even when she was single. I used to just pull her away and tell her we had to go home. And once I just couldn't be bothered to step in, so my then-boyfriend decided to do the cock-blocking. He ended up getting punched by the guy.

...and justice for all. :P
Original post by syrettd

She sounds like she has loads of issues! Poor guy who ended up going for her. Why did your bf cock block lol. My thinking would have been she does this every time, sod it. I would only step in if it was someone who was genuinely uncomfortable, not an emotional wreck like this person.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 76
Original post by Potential Trigger
She sounds like she has loads of issues! Poor guy who ended up going for her.

She seemed so issue-less, I have no idea what her problem was! TBH, I think she probably wanted to have issues, so tried to create them. Thankfully she stopped asking me to cock-block for her after my ex got punched, and the self-pitying moan afterwards also stopped. The whole situation worked out pretty well for me.

EDIT:

Why did your bf cock block lol. My thinking would have been she does this every time, sod it. I would only step in if it was someone who was genuinely uncomfortable, not an emotional wreck like this person.

My thinking was 'I just want to have fun, I'm fed up of being her babysitter' I was planning on her sleeping with the random guy and when she came to me in the morning to do her 'I feel like such a slut, why did I do it, blah blah blah' moan, I was going to tell her straight to either shut up and enjoy herself, or stop sleeping around.

My ex's thoughts were 'Why isn't syrettd stopping this? I don't want friend'sname to feel bad, I'll step in'. He was way more sympathetic than I was at that point. Mostly because she never did her moaning to him.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by andrew2209
Any girl who does that shouldn't be your friend.

What can you do, girls get jealous too easily.
Original post by syrettd
She seemed so issue-less, I have no idea what her problem was! TBH, I think she probably wanted to have issues, so tried to create them. Thankfully she stopped asking me to cock-block for her after my ex got punched, and the self-pitying moan afterwards also stopped. The whole situation worked out pretty well for me.

EDIT:

My thinking was 'I just want to have fun, I'm fed up of being her babysitter' I was planning on her sleeping with the random guy and when she came to me in the morning to do her 'I feel like such a slut, why did I do it, blah blah blah' moan, I was going to tell her straight to either shut up and enjoy herself, or stop sleeping around.

My ex's thoughts were 'Why isn't syrettd stopping this? I don't want friend'sname to feel bad, I'll step in'. He was way more sympathetic than I was at that point. Mostly because she never did her moaning to him.

Glad it worked out in the end for her. I mean I do actually feel bad for her but sounds like she wasn't really helping herself either and then putting a lot of pressure on you the next morning. Rather than enjoying herself she was probably using it as a coping mechanism for whatever she was going through-not a good idea obviously.
Reply 79
Glad it worked out in the end for her. I mean I do actually feel bad for her but sounds like she wasn't really helping herself either and then putting a lot of pressure on you the next morning. Rather than enjoying herself she was probably using it as a coping mechanism for whatever she was going through-not a good idea obviously.

I felt bad for her sometimes, but after a while it just got too much for me. She wasn't a good friend to me, so I wasn't interested in hearing her moaning as I would be more likely to do if it was a different friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending