Original post by super_kawaii
Why was I not informed of a new thread :fuhrer:

heehee :mmm:
Original post by thatitootoo
heehee :mmm:

I would've been asleep when the thread was started tbf :tongue:
Reply 24
Original post by L'Evil Fish
:lol: je vais bien! :tongue: à toi aussi?

Je suis très jaloux que ton français est très bon :frown: je veux que mon espagnol soit bon aussi comme tienne...

Moi, j'ai des examens la semaine prochaine :frown: et je n'ai pas de confidence.

Haha tu ne sais pas combien de temps j'ai utilisé pour écrire cette phrase. Je passe beaucoup de temps sur about.com pour être sûr que ce que j'écrit est correct (et je ne suis pas encore sûr). :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Kindly, va te faire enc*ler.

Original post by Obiejess
Il est un p*tain, non?

Guys, these words are extremely offensive. Most people who actually talk like that are people you don't want to know, trust me. I mainly use them to joke with my friends (very, VERY good friends who I know won't be offended).
No offense, but please work on your normal, proper French before trying to use such horrific insults. There's already plenty of work to do.
I'd be glad to help :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by AquisM
Moi, j'ai des examens la semaine prochaine :frown: et je n'ai pas de confidence.

Haha tu ne sais pas combien de temps j'ai utilisé pour écrire cette phrase. Je passe beaucoup de temps sur about.com pour être sûr que ce que j'écrit est correct (et je ne suis pas encore sûr). :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tu sais que tu réussiras :biggrin: ne t'inquiètes pas!

Tbh, I just speed read your stuff so don't see errors anyway :colondollar: even if you did make them!

Original post by Bambirina
Guys, these words are extremely offensive. Most people who actually talk like that are people you don't want to know, trust me. I mainly use them to joke with my friends (very, VERY good friends who I know won't be offended).
No offense, but please work on your normal, proper French before trying to use such horrific insults. There's already plenty of work to do.

:rofl: je ne pense pas que ce soit trop mal, si je suis honnête, c'etait pas juste (ce qu'il a dit). Il m'a insulté!
Reply 27
There was a raging internet troll on the loose.
How they managed to navigate their way to this thread....hmmm...that remains a mystery! lol

Also, I'm feeling slightly insecure about having to resort to GT in order to fully understand what y'all are talking about :frown:

:eek: Call the troll police!

Lol I would say something like I'll try to learn German, but I know I'd fail if I did (let alone Dutch) :tongue:
Original post by AquisM
:eek: Call the troll police!

Lol I would say something like I'll try to learn German, but I know I'd fail if I did (let alone Dutch) :tongue:

Hahaha! well...you're excused for not embarking upon that challenge :tongue:
You should have a look (or at least a listen of) at/to West Frisian instead!
(youtube video is on the first page)

It's a beautiful song :redface:
Reply 29
Hahaha! well...you're excused for not embarking upon that challenge :tongue:
You should have a look (or at least a listen of) at/to West Frisian instead!
(youtube video is on the first page)

It's a beautiful song :redface:

:eek: I have NEVER heard of West Frisian. Where is it spoken?
I love the song btw.

P.S. Could you give me a translation of the song? I love the melody and the sound of the language and all, but I have no idea what it's saying. :colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AquisM
:eek: I have NEVER heard of West Frisian. Where is it spoken?
I love the song btw.

P.S. Could you give me a translation of the song? I love the melody and the sound of the language and all, but I have no idea what it's saying. :colondollar:

:lol: Not many people have!
In the Germanic language family, it's the 'Romanian', except that it is MUCH more neglected, and does not have the "national language status" Romanian does :tongue:

It's spoken in the North of the Netherlands, alongside Dutch :smile:
You'll be amazed, but this language is genetically closer to English, than it is to Dutch!!!
The main idea of the song is definitily about "feeling free like a bird" though :tongue:
Original post by Bambirina

He was being extremely offensive. I just returned the favour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
:lol: Not many people have!
In the Germanic language family, it's the 'Romanian', except that it is MUCH more neglected, and does not have the "national language status" Romanian does :tongue:

It's spoken in the North of the Netherlands, alongside Dutch :smile:
You'll be amazed, but this language is genetically closer to English, than it is to Dutch!!!

Ah I see what you mean. After listening to the song several times I have picked up a few words here and there. Do you speak it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AquisM
Ah I see what you mean. After listening to the song several times I have picked up a few words here and there. Do you speak it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope! I certaintly do not speak this language!
However, I can understand the odd sentence here and there :tongue: but the rest would just escape me!

There is a saying that goes:

"Bread, butter and green cheese, is good English and good Frysk" or something like that anyway! :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 35
Nope! I certaintly do not speak this language!
However, I can understand the odd sentence here and there :tongue: but the rest would just escape me!

There is a saying that goes:

"Bread, butter and green cheese, is good English and good Frysk" or something like that anyway! :tongue:

Oh hahaha. Just found an English translation of the song. Simply beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing the song with me! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Je l'ai arrêté mais je pense que je l'étudierai par moi-même l'année prochaine

Aah je vois, merci!

J'ai rentré chez moi!

Tu l'as arrêté?? :confused:
Reply 37
Original post by aasvogel
J'ai rentré chez moi!

Tu l'as arrêté?? :confused:

Isn't that a être auxiliary?

J'ai arrêté A2! Mais je meurs d'impatience... Je veux cesser mes études de francais :frown:
Isn't that a être auxiliary?

J'ai arrêté A2! Mais je meurs d'impatience... Je veux cesser mes études de francais :frown:

:lol: Hahaha so it is, I really should not be attempting any French having been so wrecked all day and having spoken nothing but French for the last week. Merci.

Completement?? Pourquoi est-ce que tu veux cesser tes études?
Reply 39
Original post by aasvogel
:lol: Hahaha so it is, I really should not be attempting any French having been so wrecked all day and having spoken nothing but French for the last week. Merci.

Completement?? Pourquoi est-ce que tu veux cesser tes études?

On fait des erreurs :tongue:

Oui :frown: je veux étudier les mathématiques avancées, la chimie et la physique... Et ma prof de française est très stressante!!! :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending