The Student Room Group

Multilingual and Polyglot Wannabe Thread MK II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
On fait des erreurs :tongue:

Oui :frown: je veux étudier les mathématiques avancées, la chimie et la physique... Et ma prof de française est très stressante!!! :lol:

Et, as-tu un résultat?
Reply 41
Original post by aasvogel
Et, as-tu un résultat?

Je comprends pas... ?:tongue:
Je comprends pas... ?:tongue:

(just gonna type in English...)

Have you a result for it? Like are you sitting any French exams?

Have you a result for it?

Did you mean to maintain the French word order? lol
Reply 44

Have you a result for it? Like are you sitting any French exams?

Ooh, j'ai compris ça mais je ne savais pas comment répondre...!

Je passerai mes examens AS :smile: et l'année prochaine, might sit A2 but no lessons
Ooh, j'ai compris ça mais je ne savais pas comment répondre...!

Je passerai mes examens AS :smile: et l'année prochaine, might sit A2 but no lessons

D'accord, je comprends - bonne chance! :smile:
Reply 46
大家好!안녕하세요! Bonjour!~
I need to start being active on this thread again. :frown: New thread, new me! :biggrin: (Haha)
Eugh, terrible night's sleep last night and going out with a friend today! Je vais mourir! :frown:
Reply 48
D'accord, je comprends - bonne chance! :smile:

Merci :tongue:
Reply 49
Ok so I know I hardly speak any French, but apparently I know enough to make myself embarrassed. Today in Spanish class we were having a mock oral, and when I was asked for an opinion on a topic, what I blurted out was 'Je crois que c'est...' before realising my terrible mistake, stumbling through random Spanish words and becoming red as a tomato (thank God it was a one-to-one oral, so only my teacher was there). My fellow polyglots, what advice can you give me to tackle the problem of mashing up different languages together?
Reply 50
Original post by AquisM
Ok so I know I hardly speak any French, but apparently I know enough to make myself embarrassed. Today in Spanish class we were having a mock oral, and when I was asked for an opinion on a topic, what I blurted out was 'Je crois que c'est...' before realising my terrible mistake, stumbling through random Spanish words and becoming red as a tomato (thank God it was a one-to-one oral, so only my teacher was there). My fellow polyglots, what advice can you give me to tackle the problem of mashing up different languages together?

The exact same thing happened to me when I had Italian and then Spanish afterwards and I was supposed to talk about food or something and I kept mixing in Italian words :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by AquisM

I don't find the I mix up French and Spanish, but Spanish and Italian! :eek:

In order to reduce it, I'd say... Though tbh, I don't know :redface: you just... Beware:lol:
Reply 52
Idk I don't mix up Spanish with English either but italian is just too similar :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by Qawp
Idk I don't mix up Spanish with English either but italian is just too similar :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Es verdad jaja
Es verdad jaja

For the non-linguist, this could easily pass as Dutch / German :tongue:
Reply 55
Original post by thatitootoo
For the non-linguist, this could easily pass as Dutch / German :tongue:

:rofl: the j?
:rofl: the j?

ALL OF IT!!! xD
Reply 57
ALL OF IT!!! xD

Ich spreche nicht Deutsch aber ich möchte Deutsch lernen weil es gut ist.. ja ja ja :rofl:
Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber ich möchte Deutsch lernen weil es gut ist.. ja ja ja :rofl:

Fixed!
Now it's perfect :wink:
Reply 59
Fixed!
Now it's perfect :wink:

You only changed nicht to kein :tongue:

Not too bad :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending