The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I didn't enjoy Superman returns at all. Have loved the latest Batman films and also all the recent Marvel ones - must be something to do with Thor :smile: (and Loki). Saw Frankenstein the other week and I thought it was good but the people I went with weren't that impressed.

Looking forward to the new Spiderman film, it looks better than the others which I didn't think were 'all that':tongue:.
Reply 21
Spider Man (Toby Maguire)
dark knight rises is overrated...so is the avengers

best one is dark knight or batman begins..

crap ones are green lantern, batman and robin, iron man 3, the amazing spiderman, spiderman 3, thor 2, captain america and more..
Reply 23
A very difficult question, since Marvel really have done some top trump movies over the past few years while DC produce less but consistently good films.

Main DC Universe: The Dark Knight
Main Marvel Universe: The Avengers
Note Worthy: Kick Ass (2 was a little disappointing imo)
Note Worthy: The Incredibles

I am looking forward to the new X-MEN: Days of Future Past.
Reply 24
Batman Begins > The Dark Knight Rises > The Dark Knight.
Favourite - Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy
Best animation - The Incredibles
Most overrated - The Avengers
Most underrated - Hellboy
Most disappointing - Iron Man 2 (Iron Man was excellent)
Worst - The Green Hornet
Most interesting character - Batman
Least interesting character - Superman or Thor
Worst casting - Toby Maguire as Spiderman
Reply 26
The Avengers. Second would probs be Iron Man.

I'm also not big on Batman, it's awesome and all but Nolan's films have this depressing theme while Marvel ones are positive.
Spiderman 3 :colone:
Reply 28
for me it would be The Dark Knight,Avengers and Man Of Steel
Reply 29
Original post by keromedic
Spiderman 3 :colone:

[video="youtube;wNjGJZRZ85k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjGJZRZ85k[/video]
Kick-Ass is my favourite movie ever, so that gets a big thumbs up from me. (The second one...eh)

I also love The Dark Knight, the newer Spider-Man and actually, Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man too.

Overrated - Iron Man. Unpopular opinion?
Original post by Alpha brah
[video="youtube;wNjGJZRZ85k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjGJZRZ85k[/video]

He's so adorable
Reply 32
Original post by just a dad
Favourite - Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy
Best animation - The Incredibles
Most overrated - The Avengers
Most underrated - Hellboy
Most disappointing - Iron Man 2 (Iron Man was excellent)
Worst - The Green Hornet
Most interesting character - Batman
Least interesting character - Superman or Thor
Worst casting - Toby Maguire as Spiderman

While I didn't like Toby Maguire as Spiderman, I'd say casting Andrew Garfield was a worse choice. It's impossible to believe that he's a social outcast at his school. Toby Maguire was pretty good at acting awkward.
Spider-Man with Toby Maguire!
I think The Dark Knight is my favourite superhero film, following that Thor, Hellboy 2 and Kick-Ass.

Overrated: Avengers (typical save the world story, very predictable), The Dark Knight Rises (totally unrealistic and ridiculous compared to the others in the trilogy) and Captain America (it really didn't hold my attention very well, his character was far improved in the Avengers).
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by syrettd
While I didn't like Toby Maguire as Spiderman, I'd say casting Andrew Garfield was a worse choice. It's impossible to believe that he's a social outcast at his school. Toby Maguire was pretty good at acting awkward.

It might depend on whether or not you view the film as a standalone piece of work, or something that ties in with the whole comic backstory. I'd say that Garfield was far superior to Maguire in the former case, but I can see that Maguire might have something going for him if you like the comics.

I've only seen two Spiderman films, Maguire's first (awful) and Garfield's first (also awful, but I quite liked the central performance). No way I'll watch another one!
Original post by The_Dragonborn
I think The Dark Knight is my favourite superhero film, following that Thor and Kick-Ass.

Overrated: Avengers (typical save the world story, very predictable), The Dark Knight Rises (totally unrealistic compared to , Captain America.

Captain America is (relatively) realistic? Really?

TDKR is internally consistent, which is good enough for me in what is a fantastical genre.
Reply 37
This thread reminded me of some good ones I've not seen in a while.

Hellboy, Watchmen. I adore Thor/Thor 2.

I saw LEGO movie last night and to be honest I think I prefer Batman in that to all his appearances in DC films, mostly because it satirises his whole dark and brooding gig. It's all getting a bit repetitive now.

Biggest disappointment was Man of Steel, loved Cavill as Superman, but there was too much human life lost.
Original post by just a dad
Captain America is (relatively) realistic? Really?

TDKR is internally consistent, which is good enough for me in what is a fantastical genre.

Oh, I think I made an error when typing. I'll edit and correct it now.

Erm, I didn't enjoy TDKR - Nolan's Batman series did have a more grounded, realistic take on the character, but some of the things in TDKR were ridiculous. Pumping someone else's blood into another body to make authorities think it was someone else? Come on.
Reply 39
If everything goes well, this could be one of the best superhero movies ever made. :smile:

[video="youtube;d96cjJhvlMA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d96cjJhvlMA[/video]

Latest