The Student Room Group

Unsuccessful with girls

Ever since school till now in my late 20's I've come to the point where I've now given up trying to get any girls I like and want for anything from no strings sex, bf/gf relationships etc. It feel like that I'm not good enough all together to be anyones type. I've had all forms of rejections and had girls who have took the piss out of me by leading me on, I've been stood up good number of times in the past when I've asked girls out to meet up or they cancel on me at the very last min on the actual day when were ment to be meeting. I can list you all forms of dissapointments I've had all my life but I don't want to bore anyone to death but I've already reached boiling point because I've missed out a lot, every girl I've wanted and like do not seem on wanting to give me a chance for any of the things I mentioned above. When I hear people around me and friends talk about who they have been with, slept around with etc etc it really does get to me so much. specially when I hear on some of my friends have had there moments with certain girls that I wanted but was unlucky to get in the end. I've tried sites from faceparty, tagged, profilepic, and plenty of fish and non of those don't do anything for me because no girls on those sites don't messege back so I thought what is the point of joining them, On POF I've tried revamping my profile and keeping it short and sweet and it makes no difference there girls on there are just equally as bad on there then in person. I'm still a virgin that is still very bad look for me and it looks like its going to stay that way. It feels like I don't match up with other guys and friends who have been there done that and still getting girls easily I've always been the black sheep when it comes to pursuing girls I always end up with **** all in the end. This has always been my main issue through out my life so far.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sorry for the rant but its been a touchy subject for a long time now and girls issues has been the main issue for me since school
Reply 2
tbh i had the other problem i just want to be left alone .

1- get fit girls like guys with good bodies

2- more social .

3- get that dream ​body and start playing a sport
Reply 3
Cant you try a blind date?
Reply 4
Awww! There's absolutely no need to be disheartened, trust me I am a girl. All you need is some confidence. Girls love confidence and by looking at your post it looks like most of your confidence has been shot down due to all the rejection you have received. You have to gain some confidence before you start to look for a relationship. In my opinion the most important relationship a person can ever have is with their self. Once you gain some confidence you'll be able to notice a difference in how girls react to you. If you love yourself others are bound to love you back-as long as you're not arrogant.

Best of luck!
xoxo

P.S. don't compare yourself to your friends, everyone is different. My guess is that some of them might be exaggerating about their conquests with women!
Reply 5
Better move onto guys then...
its time for you to get a professional help. there must be matchmakers out there. they will help you for a fee.
Reply 7
Just google, there's an entire industry of pick-up artistry now. I thought this was now common knowledge.
That was quite the stream of consciousness.

If you reflect a little, can you think of anything about you that might be putting women off?
Pick up artistry is for guys who are full of crap.

I met my first boyfriend (on a forum) when he was 24 and had never kissed a girl, but was very sweet, a little shy etc. We were both at that 'giving up' point too as (even if you want to believe otherwise) girls get rejected, laughed at, stood up.. *multiple times* used and lead on too. I've had a guy press me against a wall and throw me onto his bed, then go to kiss me on the neck then pull away at the last second just to laugh at the look on my face and go screw my best friend at the time.

It's not just you, and it will not always be this way. Dating sites are bull****, for people who think other people are Things you can shop for.

Do you have any hobbies? try making friends with girls in arenas of your interests offline or online I mean open forum space, not a shady dating site where people just tell you what they think you want to hear. Best of luck x
Reply 10
Awwww, this made me feel sorry for you. :console:

I don't really have much to add but you wont be lonely forever. I agree though with the professional help part, like on 'the undateables' where they join a dating agency. I'm not implying you're undateable by the way, just that people seem to have success with them sort of things.
Reply 11
I've heard all sorts from friends and others I know like I'm too nice, I'm trying too hard, change your tatics, don't chase girls let them come to you etc etc and none of the above I mentioned has not worked for me. Letting girls come to me I know for a fact that never happens I'm always the one that has to strike first and do the work to get the girl I like. To people who say getting girls is easy. No it is not to some people its nothing to them it just instantly comes snap of there fingers, but to guys like myself who are the complete opposite and want the same things as everyone else its a complete different story. I can be well dressed with good decent fashionable style clothes and by myself and what not. I've always come out empty handed.

As for the girls on POF some of the stuff I've read on there profiles like you must have this, must have that, don't just say hello I'm like ''well what do you want me to say to start off the convo off'' just a few examples I thought I mention.
Reply 12
Original post by Jebedee
Just google, there's an entire industry of pick-up artistry now. I thought this was now common knowledge.

Please don't take pick up artistry seriously. It's a joke. OP I feel for you. I think this stuff is tougher on guys. I don't want to patronise you with suggestions you've probably tried. Good luck anyways.
Reply 13
This is not about success or failure, this is how you compose yourself, how you pitch yourself to this girl. Females want an alpha male. Don't talk about emotions and fluffy bunnies, talk to her about beautiful she is and be straight with her, if she hints that she likes you, go in for the kill, poach that hoe like its just another Tuesday. Don't come across as a player, come across as a self-confident extrovert who wants a relationship. Bring one home for the team lad.
Reply 14
Girls loves guys who can write/type as well. Try improving your writing skills.

For starters, use paragraphs - makes reading comprehension easier and friendly.
Original post by Mwah1995
Awww! There's absolutely no need to be disheartened, trust me I am a girl. All you need is some confidence. Girls love confidence and by looking at your post it looks like most of your confidence has been shot down due to all the rejection you have received. You have to gain some confidence before you start to look for a relationship. In my opinion the most important relationship a person can ever have is with their self. Once you gain some confidence you'll be able to notice a difference in how girls react to you. If you love yourself others are bound to love you back-as long as you're not arrogant.

Best of luck!
xoxo

P.S. don't compare yourself to your friends, everyone is different. My guess is that some of them might be exaggerating about their conquests with women!

im in the same boat. I am quite confident and girls seem to enjoy my company but they never want to hang out or meet up with me later. I normally meet girls through a) Society's or B) my female flat mate from last year who I dont fancy but she sometimes invites me to parties and I meet her friends.

One girl said yea she would want to. but when I texted her later she ignored me(she got the message its whatsapp)

Its quite depressing. Everyone else seems to get girls so easily and I see facebook profiles of them going to parties all the time.
Reply 16
It is difficult once you've faced a string of rejections i would suggest taking a look at how you come across, women want someone who is confident, funny and interesting.
Reply 17
Original post by Saada
Please don't take pick up artistry seriously. It's a joke. OP I feel for you. I think this stuff is tougher on guys. I don't want to patronise you with suggestions you've probably tried. Good luck anyways.

Well I had the same problem as OP as a young teenager and it helped me overcome shyness and "nice guy" syndrome.
Never take a female's advice on this issue, they don't know what they want. Trust me.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
im in the same boat. I am quite confident and girls seem to enjoy my company but they never want to hang out or meet up with me later. I normally meet girls through a) Society's or B) my female flat mate from last year who I dont fancy but she sometimes invites me to parties and I meet her friends.

One girl said yea she would want to. but when I texted her later she ignored me(she got the message its whatsapp)

Its quite depressing. Everyone else seems to get girls so easily and I see facebook profiles of them going to parties all the time.

That's has happened to me in the past regarding with girls I've asked out to meet then on the day of Meeting they completely ignore. I had one girl I met through a friend in a night out 9 yrs ago we got in fine. Then after a year later I finally turn my attention back to her and asked her out an she said yes. In the day of meeting I waited outside the cinema for an hour for her and phoned her to see what's going on and she switched her phone off so I couldn't get hold of her.

I was very pissed off after that an since ten me and her don't really like each other much since she's very up her self and whenever we cross paths she acts like I don't exist. I know girls do make excuses up as well and bull**** you saying they don't have a phone, Facebook etc or whatever not I do anything with you.
Reply 19
you're inferior genes are being weeded out of existence, it's called survival of the fittest (sorry). I don't meant to sound rude or anything.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending