The Student Room Group

I'm always bullied, how do I stop it?

In primary I was bullied.
in secondRy I was bullied.
all because I'm ugly...

i want ant to go uni next year and i don't know how to make myself pretty other than surgey (which I doubt I want that much.)
I want a degree in dental Hygiene/Therapy orTechnology. And I just can't take being pick on! I feel so crap...

Advice..?
Reply 1
Were you bullied because you're really pretty and girls were jealous/intimidated so they brought down your self esteem, or do you really believe you're unattractive?
Original post by 2ndClass
Were you bullied because you're really pretty and girls were jealous/intimidated so they brought down your self esteem, or do you really believe you're unattractive?

No you have no idea. I'm SO ugly... I wear goofey kiddy tops to people don't look at it tht much, and I do wot I can. To cover it up...

Anyway. How to I prevent being picked on for wen I go uni?
Reply 3
I don't think we have a lot of information to go on here. But you are obviously tough to cope with years of bullying so well done for coping so far.

Going to university is an opportunity to reinvent yourself as it is unlikely that many people from your school will be at the same uni.

I think it's probably very unlikely you are bullied because of the way you look- that's the sort of bullying u get from primary kids. Could it be because after so many years of it you have now lost any confidence which has changed your personality.

So reinvent yourself over the summer. Treat yourself. Learn to appreciate yourself. If u get the grades to go to uni you have intelligence and you have ambition. Try and cultivate a positive attitude and you will find most people at uni will look at you as a new person.

Good luck
Reply 4
Original post by BewareTomato
No you have no idea. I'm SO ugly... I wear goofey kiddy tops to people don't look at it tht much, and I do wot I can. To cover it up...

Don't worry about being picked on at uni, getting picked on for silly things/untrue things only really happens in primary/secondary and if they do, then they probably shouldn't be at uni.
Reply 5
Original post by BewareTomato

I didn't see this until I had posted. I don't believe you are ugly but you can change your clothes style easily - even if money is tight you can get a wardrobe makeover cheaply through charity shops
Reply 6
You can't prevent being picked on. Don't change who you are.

What you can do though is stand up for yourself if anyone is immature enough to pick on you.

Quick Reply

Latest