The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Should I take the course? Economics with Mathematical Sciences

I'm interested in full time study at the open university in Economics with Mathematical Sciences. It says there are no formal qualifications required, but I do have 5 A*s in GCSEs. I am also a more mature candidate (22), and as a result I would like to go straight into the degree for full time study so I could hopefully graduate at 25. I was held back before due to family sickness and having to work to help them. I now am at the point where I could return to my studies.

My question is would it be wise to start a course here with no A levels and skipping on the access course? I would like to get a decent grade as I am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my studies, but I realise it probably will not be perfect as I will likely have some catching up to do. I think what I'm asking is if it would be possible to obtain a passing grade without A levels/access. I am a good studier, but the last thing I would want is to start the course and find I am not even remotely capable of doing any of it.

Thanks for your time, I greatly appreciate it!
Reply 1
Bear in mind that Level 1 OU study is very much designed to bring everyone up to the necessary standard, even if you don't have A Levels. So, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to pass (and even do well)!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending