The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Year 11 seems no shorter or longer than any other year, in fact it would probably seem longer as there is quite a bit of never ending work and pressure, it never seemed to end for me. Looking back everything seems shorter than it is but you still have time to improve and enjoy yourself. Towards the end of year 11 i just wanted the exams to come so they were over with.
I thought Year 11 went by in a flash! There were the mock exams in December too, which was at least a month out of your time; and the summer term leadup to study leave didn't feel like a term at all - there was only revision (and last minute covering of the content in my History teacher's case :rolleyes: ).
Anyway you shouldnt be worrying about that now on your first day of summer, at least like many of us you dont have new schools and results to be anxious of. GCSEs are not that bad if you work hard throughout, i am still unsure of my A-level choices and my new school.
Reply 23
calcium878
Only around 160 schooldays until your exams begin suuuuuseh! :p:

Thanks for that. :biggrin: No, I'm starting to feel a bit better about it all.
Reply 24
yes, i can´t wait until i get home from work experience in germany. i can´t wait until i can use my mac again...
Reply 25
It's terrible about the bomb incident yesterday- has anyone been affected by it? My friend was going to visit California, but his flight was cancelled and the next one is too close to the start of school. Apparently they can't receive any compensation or a refund either.
Reply 26
I was going to head down to Sicily & Rhodes for a holiday but we had to move our flight to later this month. Tres annoying.
Reply 27
Ah indeed. :frown: I hope you have a good time when it eventually happens though. :smile:
Thankfully, my flight (to Vienna) was on Wednesday, and the incident took place on Thursday - had we booked our holiday one day late, we would never have been able to go. It was extremely scary though; especially as I was not with my parents. On the way home, we were allowed hand luggage, but there were severe delays at Heathrow airport. We had to wait in a queue of 7 airplanes (for 1 hour) before we were allowed through the gate, and the passport control took ages as well (especially us non EU citizens). But I'm just eternally thankful that the plot was detected before it was too late, and safety comes first before anything else. I hope everyone else's holiday plans has been OK :frown:
Reply 29
Excalibur
Thankfully, my flight (to Vienna) was on Wednesday, and the incident took place on Thursday - had we booked our holiday one day late, we would never have been able to go. It was extremely scary though; especially as I was not with my parents. On the way home, we were allowed hand luggage, but there were severe delays at Heathrow airport. We had to wait in a queue of 7 airplanes (for 1 hour) before we were allowed through the gate, and the passport control took ages as well (especially us non EU citizens). But I'm just eternally thankful that the plot was detected before it was too late, and safety comes first before anything else. I hope everyone else's holiday plans has been OK :frown:

Woah- it must have been really worrying for you to hear about it, especially considering you weren't with your parents! The day before we were due to travel home from Germany they found homemade bombs on the trains- one of them was found at the station we were going via the next day. It was scary at the time, because you know you have absolutely no control over the situation, but luckily I was with my mother. I'm so glad you got your holiday in the end though! It must have been good to get away after the GCSEs and everything! :smile:
Yep this years gone really fast- Scary that GCSEs are next year:frown:

We went to Spain in first week of summer hol; it was good-overcame my fear of rollercoasters at Port Aventura:wink: We were going to go on hol again again but most likely wont be goin because of 'The Incident':frown:

Sorry to hear what happened to suuuuuuseh and Excalibur- Glad to hear you're alright :smile:

Anyway summer hols seem to be a constant struggle between coursework and everything else!
Reply 31
anon234
Yep this years gone really fast- Scary that GCSEs are next year:frown:

We went to Spain in first week of summer hol; it was good-overcame my fear of rollercoasters at Port Aventura:wink: We were going to go on hol again again but most likely wont be goin because of 'The Incident':frown:

Sorry to hear what happened to suuuuuuseh and Excalibur- Glad to hear you're alright :smile:

Anyway summer hols seem to be a constant struggle between coursework and everything else!

Port Aventura sounds great; I've never personally been, but friends have and said it was excellent. It's really good you got over your fear of rollercoasters too! :smile:

It's a shame about the incident- I'm really glad they intercepted it in time and noone got injured; but it has caused a lot of inconvenience. We, like you were going to go on holiday again- maybe just a few days to France or something. But because of the situation with the planes, lots of people are getting the tunnel/Eurostar or ferries in lieu of planes, and as a result it's really busy.

Ah well- next year perhaps I can go away before the GCSE results come out and at least have something to look forward to! :p:
Reply 32
Excalibur

My brother is going through the same thing now; he has a flight back to the US today and it is supposed to take off at 16:00 and it is now 6 hours later at 20:45 and they are apparently boarding now. The rush and madness outside Heathrow was crazy.
Reply 33
calcium878
Only around 160 schooldays until your exams begin suuuuuseh! :p:

I know you're only joking, :p: and as much as I am calmer about the whole thing now; is it really only that much? That's not all that long really..

Latest

Trending

Trending