The Student Room Group

Potentially being chucked out of uni for failing modules - wht happens to my finance?

In my first year of uni and the talk is those of us who've done badly in semester 1 are going to be thrown of the course.

If this does happen what of the tuition fees I've been paying the university to attend (another chunk meant to be going to them from SEF in April) and my own student finance? Bit concerned.

- Herik
Reply 1
Original post by Herik
In my first year of uni and the talk is those of us who've done badly in semester 1 are going to be thrown of the course.

If this does happen what of the tuition fees I've been paying the university to attend (another chunk meant to be going to them from SEF in April) and my own student finance? Bit concerned.

- Herik

I believe you don't need to pay back the tuition fees and any maintainance loan your given until your earning over £21,000. If you get any grant you'll be asked to pay it back on a pro rata basis as soon as you can so if you got chucked out before you get your next payment student finance would work out how much of your January payment you owe back. You the wouldn't get your final payment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending