The Student Room Group

PGCE Coleraine

Has anyone had any interview offers for PGCE at Coleraine yet? I applied for Secondary History and have heard nothing back yet :s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah got an email from them earlier as i had emailed them asking for word, their sending out the letters this month and early march
Reply 2
Received my letter this morning for interview for 4th March. So relieved to even get an interview.
Reply 3
Original post by cloudberries
The very first day of interviews! Well done! All the best, hope all goes well for you.

Well done on getting your interview:smile: Im still waiting to see if I get an interview for Eng/Drama/Media studies fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 4
I got an interview for english drama and media on 7 march
Reply 5
Original post by hanleah
I got an interview for english drama and media on 7 march

What is the written test like ?
Reply 6
I sent an email asking about my application too for PGCE English, I was panicking that they hadn't received it. What subjects have you applied for?
Reply 7
Hi there Congrats on your interview :smile: I am waiting on a reply, Just was wondering do they send out letters in Alphabetical order my surname begins with Mc? Just wondering and hoping :smile:
Reply 8
I'm O'N and i've received no word yet so it could be
Reply 9
I'm B and haven't heard anything yet for English pgce :-(
Reply 10
Original post by Papo1489
I'm O'N and i've received no word yet so it could be

Hi Papo :smile: Its just annoying, even if its a rejection at least we would know :frown: Hate this waiting :-/
Reply 11
totally agree! though if i do get rejected it won't stop me from getting the experience and retrying maybe next year or again in a few years
Reply 12
Still no word :-( rushing home from work everyday to check the post, I hate waiting to know what's happening either way! Hopefully we'll hear something soon
Reply 13
Original post by beckster16
Still no word :-( rushing home from work everyday to check the post, I hate waiting to know what's happening either way! Hopefully we'll hear something soon

Hope you hear soon too. I've an interview for History on 5 March, surprised in all honesty that I have one. Does anyone know/have a link to the exact number of places offered or does it change yearly?
Reply 14
I still have not heard from Coleraine English/Drama :frown: I rushed home today and yet again nothing in the post :frown: Am i the only one that has heard nothing :frown: Just want to know either way:-/
Reply 15
Congrats on our interview Andrew240 :-) I think I remember reading somewhere the the department of education provides the number of places for each subject but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I haven't heard anything yet either Paza :-( fingers crossed that we hear something this week!
Reply 16
Yea hope so beckster :smile: My nerves won't take much more lol esp when others have heard:-/ I keep blaming the Post man lol :-/
Reply 17
To be honest guys, I've resigned myself to not getting into coleraine because everyone I've talked to has said you need to be a TA for a period of time. That's me out the front door!!
Reply 18
Original post by Andrew240
To be honest guys, I've resigned myself to not getting into coleraine because everyone I've talked to has said you need to be a TA for a period of time. That's me out the front door!!

There are people that get into the pgce straight out of uni with no TA experience so I wouldn't rule yourself out especially if you've got an interview :-)
Reply 19
Original post by beckster16
There are people that get into the pgce straight out of uni with no TA experience so I wouldn't rule yourself out especially if you've got an interview :-)

Hi ther I have had no word yet :frown: rang Coleraine yday and they said letters have still to be sent out this week and next week so all we can do is hope :smile: I have been doing 2 days a week in a school as TA along with Uni and I still havn't heard so dont panic yet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending