The Student Room Group

Should I study medicine?

If you are studying medicine, what made you want to do it and how are you finding it
Reply 1
Original post by Gannat
If you are studying medicine, what made you want to do it and how are you finding it

I cant speak for those who've succeeded in gaining places at medical school. But just some advice. If you don't know in your self that you're 100% sure you want to study medicine and can't find reasons for it I wouldn't apply because the application process is tough and will make any holes or uncertainties very apparent which isn't worth putting yourself through of you're unsure.
Maybe I misunderstood your question I'm a bit unsure but good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's normal to have doubts/wonder about other options when making big decisions like this. Do some more research, get some more work experience, and if it's still the thing you want to do the most after that, then go for it. Don't think that you have to have dreamed of being a doctor for years to be a good candidate - often those who have are those who have the least realistic ideas about the profession.
Reply 3
It's actually very difficult to put into words why you want to be a doctor...
I think it's more of a feeling.
So no one can tell you if you should study medicine, that's a personal choice, which I hope you'll make your choice for the right reasons! I only made the decision after growing up a bit more and finishing my degree and traveling a bit!! And then I did voluntary work, shadowing and a HCA job before I could say for sure l wanted to be a doctor.
I wanted to be sure, no point in Working hard to get into a career that I would hate, and to study for another 4 years and get so so much debt for silly reasons like money (doctors don't even get paid THAT much, easier to make money else where) or respect (doctors have lots of respect, but so do other careers)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending