The Student Room Group

Seriously, how do people get so fat?

I have PCOS (a hormone problem that causes weight gain) and currently as a size 10 have a 30FF chest.

I'm very curvy and am prone to putting on weight due to a medical reason and the heaviest I have ever been has been a bit overweight at a size 12, with a BMI of maybe 26 or so. This has been when I've been really upset and bingeing, eating a hideous diet and doing no exercise.

How are people size 16 and beyond?

Scroll to see replies

They eat and eat and eat.
Reply 2
Original post by Secretnerd123

And sit and sit and sit.
Addiction to sugar. Only people who watch what they eat really carefully don't develop it.
Original post by MJ1012
And sit and sit and sit.

And sleep and sleep and sleep
Original post by MJ1012
And sit and sit and sit.

And **** and **** and ****
Reply 6
I find that doing household chores keeps me thin.
Reply 7
By eating excessively??

Original post by MJ1012
And sit and sit and sit.

And sleep and sleep and sleep

Original post by Are you Shaw?
And **** and **** and ****

took the word right out of my mouth:cool:
Eating too much (rubbish) food and not doing enough exercise. Although there are some people who struggle with weight loss because of things like thyroid problems.
Original post by Red.Revolution
Eating too much (rubbish) food and not doing enough exercise. Although there are some people who struggle with weight loss because of things like thyroid problems.

Yeah but that's my point. I'm one of those people, and I've eaten lots of crap food and done no exercise. And even then I was never a morbidly obese whale!
Reply 11
Original post by meenu89
I find that doing household chores keeps me thin.

LOL

no it doesn't

keep fooling yourself that counts as a moderate form of exercise
Original post by honeyandlemon
Yeah but that's my point. I'm one of those people, and I've eaten lots of crap food and done no exercise. And even then I was never a morbidly obese whale!

Everyone has a different body.
And there isn't just one type of thyroid. Some makes you lose weight and some makes you gain it.
Reply 13
Original post by tehforum
LOL

no it doesn't

keep fooling yourself that counts as a moderate form of exercise

I really don't care what you think. It works for me.
Reply 14
Original post by meenu89
I really don't care what you think. It works for me.

Diet does most of the leg work in losing weight.

Exercise (moderate) helps out.
Original post by honeyandlemon
I have PCOS (a hormone problem that causes weight gain) and currently as a size 10 have a 30FF chest.

I'm very curvy and am prone to putting on weight due to a medical reason and the heaviest I have ever been has been a bit overweight at a size 12, with a BMI of maybe 26 or so. This has been when I've been really upset and bingeing, eating a hideous diet and doing no exercise.

How are people size 16 and beyond?

Using sizing as a standard is ridiculous because frames have an effect, so someone could be a size 16 an slim if they're 6ft or very muscular, or largely built
Original post by tehforum
Diet does most of the leg work in losing weight.

Exercise (moderate) helps out.

Actually being active in the day however that is does help
Reply 17
They eat food as a luxury, instead of thinking of it as a source of keeping healthy.
Reply 18
some people were dealt a **** card and just grew up with it. like chances are, fat parents will give their kids giant portions and they just grow up fat not knowing any better. sucks for them.

i'm not a fatty fatty fatty so i don't know how easy it is to break the habit but i guess pretty hard.
Reply 19
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Actually being active in the day however that is does help

Of course, but doing chores is not taxing. That's part of day to day life which everyone does.

Quick Reply