The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Leeds met uni accomodation Sports and exercise therapy

I have just accepted an offer to do sports and exercise therapy at Leeds met and now struggling to decide what accommodation to book. Anyone else on this course, know what accommodation they are booking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, iv accepted an offer for sport and exercise therapy at Leeds met too, and Im also stuck for choosing accommodation!
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
Hey, also accepted an offer for sport and exercise therapy at Leeds met :smile: I reckon accommodation would be best somewhere in between the two campuses. Still having a tough time choosing though!!
Reply 3
Yeah I agree, I was thinking Sugarwell Court because I want an ensuite but reviews don't seem all that good. I might stay closer to one campus and then just travel to the other on the days we need to?
Reply 4
'Is your course at the Headingley campus or city campus? I'm studying at the Headingley campus but really struggling on which accomadtion to stay at, I was thinking opal one or two. Its just having to travel to the campus thats putting me off going there.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
It says the sports and eexercise therapy course is split between campuses, few days at city and few days at headingley
Reply 6
oh right Im not doing that course i was just wondering where people studying at the Headingley campus are staying for there accomadation
Reply 7
Im thinking of staying closer to the City because it will be more social and closer to everything, then just travelling to Headingley when i need to
Reply 8
Original post by JessS95
Im thinking of staying closer to the City because it will be more social and closer to everything, then just travelling to Headingley when i need to

That's what I was thinking of doing I just don't know if it was going to be too much of a pain having to travel on a bus for 25 minutes
Reply 9
I have just been accepted at Leeds Met for the Sports Therapy Course. Wanted to stay at Carnegie, but it was booked up. Had a look around Leeds at several places and i have decided to stay at Broadcsting Tower (the rusty looking building almost opposite central campus) . There looks to be a good bus service upto Headingley Campus
Reply 10
Iv decided that im going to stay at Mill Street and travel when i need to go to Headingley, has anyone else decided?
Reply 11
Original post by JessS95
Iv decided that im going to stay at Mill Street and travel when i need to go to Headingley, has anyone else decided?

Im waiting for my applicant day to see which one I think, at the minute its between opal, mill street, or Kirkstall!! What made you decide mill street? Im at headingley campus too
Reply 12
Applied through extra yesterday for sport and exercise therapy, got a conditional offer today, just applied for Opal. Anyone else thinking of staying in Opal?
Reply 13
Original post by JessS95

I agree the course has a 50:50 weighting and I'm stuck between Mill street in the city or Kirkstall in headingley I just don't know!!! Anyone else looking at these?
Reply 14
Original post by Clariceabc
I agree the course has a 50:50 weighting and I'm stuck between Mill street in the city or Kirkstall in headingley I just don't know!!! Anyone else looking at these?

Mill Streets one of my options too and looking into kirkstall. Haven't actually seen the accommodation yet going next weekend so hopefully ill know by then! !
Reply 15
Original post by clohudx
Applied through extra yesterday for sport and exercise therapy, got a conditional offer today, just applied for Opal. Anyone else thinking of staying in Opal?

I wanted to stay at opal at first but from what I've read into recently changed my mind. People who have stayed there for there first year said they wish they chose somewhere else. Good for social but can be too much when it gets to the point people are still blaring theor music out at 7 in the morning! !
Reply 16
Original post by lottieN
Mill Streets one of my options too and looking into kirkstall. Haven't actually seen the accommodation yet going next weekend so hopefully ill know by then! !

Are you going to the applicant day on Wednesday, think I'll have a better understanding by then. Also I've not seen inside but the surrounding areas for Mill street is alright, barring the main road it's seems like a quite residential area within the city!
Reply 17
Are you going to the applicant day on Wednesday, think I'll have a better understanding by then. Also I've not seen inside but the surrounding areas for Mill street is alright, barring the main road it's seems like a quite residential area within the city!

No im going to the one next Saturday. Yeah it will definatly help! Mill streets got a bus stop close too so its easy to get to headingley campus which is good!
Reply 18
Original post by lottieN
No im going to the one next Saturday. Yeah it will definatly help! Mill streets got a bus stop close too so its easy to get to headingley campus which is good!

Defo thinking Mill street now! Enjoy next Saturday :-)
Reply 19
Defo thinking Mill street now! Enjoy next Saturday :-)

Thankyou :smile: ill let you know which one i decide on!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending