The Student Room Group

Missed a call from a job application...

I have been in an area with no signal all day and missed a call at 11:50. I recently applied for a job, so sure enough when I rang back it was the company. As soon as I got signal back, I called them up and asked for the woman who had emailed me last week but she had gone home. She's not back in until Wednesday so i'll ring her then but what I wanted to ask is:

Will this hurt my chances? Will it reflect badly on me that I missed a call, and lead to me not being called for an interview? Thanks..
Reply 1
It shouldn't look bad on you, I've missed plenty of calls like that, called them back and they were out, and then I miss them again etc......I wouldn't worry about it.
Reply 2
It depends on the nature of the job you have applied.
If you had an arrangement for a call at 11:50, then I would say you have something to worry about.
But to be honest, no one here will give you a correct answer.
Relax and perhaps you can e-mail the woman, explaining the situation regarding the bad signal.

Don't hit yourself over this. :smile:
Reply 3
It wasn't an arrangement, I had no idea the call was coming and only found out it was her when I called back. I'll have to see what she says on Thursday, thanks both :smile:
Original post by kmcg97
I have been in an area with no signal all day and missed a call at 11:50. I recently applied for a job, so sure enough when I rang back it was the company. As soon as I got signal back, I called them up and asked for the woman who had emailed me last week but she had gone home. She's not back in until Wednesday so i'll ring her then but what I wanted to ask is:

Will this hurt my chances? Will it reflect badly on me that I missed a call, and lead to me not being called for an interview? Thanks..

Shouldn't be a problem. Actually, my employers phoned me when I was in a Physics lesson, they also phone to see if I'd do overtime whilst out on a school trip.

Quick Reply