The Student Room Group

Bath, Edinburgh or Manchester? (Architecture K100 undergraduate)

I've got conditional offers from Bath(A*AA) and Edinburgh(BBB)(typically AAA), and I have applied Manchester but I need to finish a task to get an offer. In terms of Architecture, Bath ranks normally top 3 in the UK in Uni Guide, and it ranks first place this year, while the other two fluctuated about 5. However, in world uni ranking, Edinburgh is top 30, sometimes top 20, Manchester is about 30. I'm really confused with which one should i choose. can someone tell me about the difference between these universities and give me some advices about which one should I go to? Thanks a lot!
Original post by Tiannnn
I've got conditional offers from Bath(A*AA) and Edinburgh(BBB)(typically AAA), and I have applied Manchester but I need to finish a task to get an offer. In terms of Architecture, Bath ranks normally top 3 in the UK in Uni Guide, and it ranks first place this year, while the other two fluctuated about 5. However, in world uni ranking, Edinburgh is top 30, sometimes top 20, Manchester is about 30. I'm really confused with which one should i choose. can someone tell me about the difference between these universities and give me some advices about which one should I go to? Thanks a lot!

You should always take uni rankings with a pinch of salt, but if you do use them then look at the course-specific rankings :smile:

Bath is a relatively small university, and quite young, so it doesn't have much of a global presence. But it has one of the best architecture courses in the country (at least I'm enjoying it!)
Reply 2
Original post by Tiannnn

Hi there! Although you posted it last year.. I am now facing almost the same condition as you and would like to ask if it is possible which uni you finally chose and how did it go? Thank you!!
To practice as an architect should you do 3 years in bath or 5 years in Edinburg ? I am really confused about the requirement and offers from these universities. Could anyone clarify?
Hi everyone, I'm in the same situation now and would love to hear of your experiences.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending