The Student Room Group

St Andrews entry requirements

Hi, I've been thinking about applying to St Andrews to do Psychology and Theological studies since they're one of the only universities that actually do it, and the grade boundaries are AAA - however, I've already done my A Levels and went to university but ended up dropping out because I didn't like it, but I got AAC. Is there anything I can do?? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by waningcrescent
Hi, I've been thinking about applying to St Andrews to do Psychology and Theological studies since they're one of the only universities that actually do it, and the grade boundaries are AAA - however, I've already done my A Levels and went to university but ended up dropping out because I didn't like it, but I got AAC. Is there anything I can do?? Thanks

Glasgow Uni does it, too. AAB is the entry requirement, but it's still worth applying.
Reply 2
Original post by pane123
Glasgow Uni does it, too. AAB is the entry requirement, but it's still worth applying.

I've been looking around and I haven't heard anything of St Andrews wavering on entry requirements :/ I know sometimes it makes a difference if you've already been to university for a bit/been accepted by one before... but I don't know about here.
Reply 3
Do you have any mitigating circumstances on that C?
Reply 4
Original post by Gemma345
Do you have any mitigating circumstances on that C?

Um I don't think so. I was taking antidepressants throughout all of my exams but that's about it?
Reply 5
Um I don't think so. I was taking antidepressants throughout all of my exams but that's about it?

Maybe you could say that your depression made it really hard for you to get the best grades you could have got? Can get a doctor to write a note too, maybe.
Reply 6
Maybe you could say that your depression made it really hard for you to get the best grades you could have got? Can get a doctor to write a note too, maybe.

I looked up on the St Andrews website and it said for mitigating circumstances the referee would have to write in what was going on. And is that possible to get something from the doctor to say I was on them, even if it was in June 2013? Thanks
Reply 7
I looked up on the St Andrews website and it said for mitigating circumstances the referee would have to write in what was going on. And is that possible to get something from the doctor to say I was on them, even if it was in June 2013? Thanks

What's the referee?

Yep. I have stuff from yeaaars ago that still counts as mitigating circumstances. All your medical records are on file, so any doctor at your practice can write you a letter. :smile:
Reply 8
What's the referee?

Yep. I have stuff from yeaaars ago that still counts as mitigating circumstances. All your medical records are on file, so any doctor at your practice can write you a letter. :smile:

You know, you get a reference off someone in your application, like an old teacher or your boss or something. It said on the St Andrews site that you put the mitigating circumstances in with that. But thank you! That's great news that I can get old stuff up like that to count for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest