The Student Room Group

Access Course in Science?

Has anyone taken the access course in science and gone on to study furthermore? I would appreciate some information and insight into it.
I'm currently doing Access in engineering and have applied to universities for physics. Are you doing Access now, or just considering it?
Reply 2
Sorry for the late response, I'm starting it in September. I went to all the information evenings and such on it, turns out it is more heavily based on Chemistry & Bio than it is on Physics. But universities accept it if you also have an A-level in physics (& maths for most decent ones) from what I've gathered. Good luck in your course!
Thanks. A lot of the Access Science courses are geared up for health-related fields such as midwifery and pharmacy. Access Engineering is more maths-and-physics based, but fewer colleges offer it.
Original post by SP195
Sorry for the late response, I'm starting it in September. I went to all the information evenings and such on it, turns out it is more heavily based on Chemistry & Bio than it is on Physics. But universities accept it if you also have an A-level in physics (& maths for most decent ones) from what I've gathered. Good luck in your course!

The access course I'm on is split into two pathway but classed as access health science. The students wanting to go into nursing and midwifery are on the health pathway and do more anatomy & physiology, biology and psychology modules. On the science pathway we have an even split between biology, chemistry, physics and anatomy & physiology.

We also have additional modules where we can choose to take more of a certain subject. So for me I've taken additional modules in pollution and advanced chemistry as I'm going on to study environmental science. Other people have taken modules like health physics looking at imaging techniques as they are going on to study radiography.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I'm currently doing an access course I got accepted into uni no problem!
Reply 6
Which access did you take and which universities did you apply to, get offers from and eventually choose?

I'm glad to hear you did it though! Promising. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending