The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

2014 mature student and housing

I've been offered an unconditional acceptance for Sept. 2014, and coming from Canada was going to come early and find a place to stay within the city. Since courses start the 17th, would it be best to come at the end of August since most flats/rooms will want to start a lease at the beginning of September, or does it not really matter if I come the first week of September? Also, I'd rather stay in a house with roommates if possible (social aspect), would there be postings at the uni itself or is best to look at online forums and whatnot?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by pletsch19
I've been offered an unconditional acceptance for Sept. 2014, and coming from Canada was going to come early and find a place to stay within the city. Since courses start the 17th, would it be best to come at the end of August since most flats/rooms will want to start a lease at the beginning of September, or does it not really matter if I come the first week of September? Also, I'd rather stay in a house with roommates if possible (social aspect), would there be postings at the uni itself or is best to look at online forums and whatnot?

Thanks

teaching starts on the 22nd of Sept for the 2014 year. Please see here..

Since you have an unconditional you will be sent all accommodation details closer to the time and you can then choose either on campus or off campus, right now its still too early though!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Quick Reply

Latest