The Student Room Group

The Challenge NCS 2014- Comfirmed dates

Scroll to see replies

I did this last year as well and really disliked it. We spent too much time talking about 'what we'd learnt' and not enough time actually learning anything. Honestly I don't think it's benefited me in the long run and I could have done with the time at home. But it's good for some, so I hope you all have fun :biggrin:
Reply 41
Original post by cheerupgrrl5:)
any one got their hoodies yet? apparently theyre grey or sumthing

I got mine! They're HUGE and comfy :biggrin:
Original post by economicsrocks
I'm not doing it this year but I did it last year. After applying I was really- and I mean REALLY- nervous haha, and I was having second thoughts. It was completely out of my comfort zone. But, I went ahead with it, made some amazing friends that I'm still in contact with (and I'm not that outgoing, so if I can do it, so can you!), as well as doing these awesome activities I would have never done otherwise.

I had the best year summer of my life last year, and I thoroughly recommend doing NCS. :smile:

Thanx fr that cos im beginning to have second thoughts too ...lol:colondollar:
Original post by NumberSevennn
Yupp I got mine! Omg I am gettingg excited now!

SAME...I get nervous thinking about it sumtimes though..i have like mixed feelings cos I never done anything like this before...:smile:
Original post by Sheldor
What date is yours? (And everyone else who has their hoodie? :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine's 7th July..yours?:rolleyes:
Reply 45
Original post by Sheldor
What date is yours? (And everyone else who has their hoodie? :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

30th June!
Reply 46
Original post by Sheldor
Mine is 30th June too! I haven't got a hoodie yet though...is that via post? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ermaghad they actually came into my school and handed them out in the hall...I don't know about anywhere else.
We'll probably get on because judging by your name and dp, you love big bang theory? I LOVE big bang aarrthhhhh
I'm doing it on the 14th to the 31st of July :P
Original post by cheerupgrrl5:)
Thanx fr that cos im beginning to have second thoughts too ...lol:colondollar:

That's ok! Honestly, it is an amazing experience and you definitely won't regret it. I still talk to the people I met, yet I'm a really shy person! I almost changed my mind, and I'm so glad I didn't. I hope you have(and I am really sure you will!) an awesome time. If you have any questions about it or concerns or anything, I'll help you clear them up :smile:
Original post by Seawat in
I did this last year as well and really disliked it. We spent too much time talking about 'what we'd learnt' and not enough time actually learning anything. Honestly I don't think it's benefited me in the long run and I could have done with the time at home. But it's good for some, so I hope you all have fun :biggrin:

Well did u at least have fun?
Original post by NumberSevennn
Well did u at least have fun?

I did, more during the first couple of days, when you do outdoor activities and stuff, but after that it became somewhat tedious. Also, the friends I made weren't in my group and I didn't get to spend as much time with them as I would have liked. It took up too much time, is what I'm trying to say :smile:
Original post by economicsrocks
That's ok! Honestly, it is an amazing experience and you definitely won't regret it. I still talk to the people I met, yet I'm a really shy person! I almost changed my mind, and I'm so glad I didn't. I hope you have(and I am really sure you will!) an awesome time. If you have any questions about it or concerns or anything, I'll help you clear them up :smile:

Well that keeps me positive:wink:...i'll start thinking of questions...Lol:rolleyes:
I am doing the 14th july but know nobody else doing it :/
Original post by Chloe Dellow
I am doing the 14th july but know nobody else doing it :/[/QUO

LOADS of people choose this date..serioussss
But don't wrry cos ur meant to not knw anyone and the others wouldn't knw any one either.
Im doing it this yer tooooo!:rolleyes:
Yeah that's cool! I am starting to look forward to it though, will be nice to meet new people :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's cool! I am starting to look forward to it though, will be nice to meet new people :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same..i hope my HOPES aren't crushed
Reply 56
I am! Taking media :smile:
I am doing the 14th july but know nobody else doing it :/

I'm doing mine on the 14th July too :smile: None of my friends are doing it on this date. Hope i see you there, Im doing Media btw lol
I got my placement for 23rd June. I was on the waiting list though! It took time! Hoepfully I am with at least one person I know. I am mostly scared by meeting new people and the activites, because I do not want to end up embarrassing myself because i cannot do the sports :frown: Any helpful comments?
Original post by Jeromebsolomon
I got my placement for 23rd June. I was on the waiting list though! It took time! Hoepfully I am with at least one person I know. I am mostly scared by meeting new people and the activites, because I do not want to end up embarrassing myself because i cannot do the sports :frown: Any helpful comments?

Hey..don't worry:wink:
If you want to b wid someone then send the challenge a request for the date..thats wat I did,,,
Don’t be scared about meating new peeps cos they’re gonna be like you..nervous too...so u can just speak normally.. also, im definitely not sporty…but I know fr a fact that the challenge people will help you a lot in this..and no ones gnna force u to do something u don’t want to…
Just be happy and I hope ur challenge experience is gr8! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest