The Student Room Group

Help with study, prelim results

Hi,
I got in prelims;
A-geography
B-Drama(without acting)
C-(1 mark off a B) in Graphics (without folio)
D- English
Fail in Biology

I really, really want at least a AABB this year, and my parents went rage at me for results today when I told them as they are really strict.

The subjects I revised Hard for where Geography,English and Drama, so I'm really disappointed with English (my teacher is awful)

And although I didn't really revise much, I was excepting more from biology.

My parents pretty much have been shouting at me all week so Im trying to get some advice to move the marks up to as high as possible.

My exams start in may and originally was going to start revising in April, but should I start before now?
Reply 1
Original post by Nonpul39
Hi,
I got in prelims;
A-geography
B-Drama(without acting)
C-(1 mark off a B) in Graphics (without folio)
D- English
Fail in Biology

I really, really want at least a AABB this year, and my parents went rage at me for results today when I told them as they are really strict.

The subjects I revised Hard for where Geography,English and Drama, so I'm really disappointed with English (my teacher is awful)

And although I didn't really revise much, I was excepting more from biology.

My parents pretty much have been shouting at me all week so Im trying to get some advice to move the marks up to as high as possible.

My exams start in may and originally was going to start revising in April, but should I start before now?

Don't worry these are just prelim results, this is a wake up call for you so start studying for your actual exams as soon as possible :smile:
Don't be disheartened as a result of your prelim results, a fair amount of people do badly. My school average for maths was somewhere in the region of 50%.....

For some reason schools (my school does but not sure about others) make prelims so much harder than the real exams, I did badly in my exams (DBBCD) and I'm expecting to get 5 A. You will do fine, the exams aren't for another 2 and a bit months but I would recommend you start revising. You have to revise early (now) and when it gets closer to exams start doing past papers.

Are you doing revised higher or higher biology?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending