The Student Room Group

What is your clubs best & worst Football Kit?

What is your favourite football kit from the team you support? & what football kit would you flat out refuse to buy because it is breathtakingly hideous? So, Leeds United:

Best Home: 2000-2003 Kit. Simple. Classy. White.

Best Away: 03/04 Kit. Really liked this. The recent Macron away shirts have been very good too.

Worst Home: 06/07 Kit. Doesn't look spectacular, but my main gripe was that is was very crappy material.

Worst Away: 91/92 Kit. Hideous.

Inb4 'anything that has a Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal badge on it...
Reply 1
Original post by Silver Arrows
What is your favourite football kit from the team you support? & what football kit would you flat out refuse to buy because it is breathtakingly hideous? So, Leeds United:

Best Home: 2000-2003 Kit. Simple. Classy. White.

Best Away: 03/04 Kit. Really liked this. The recent Macron away shirts have been very good too.

Worst Home: 06/07 Kit. Doesn't look spectacular, but my main gripe was that is was very crappy material.

Worst Away: 91/92 Kit. Hideous.

Inb4 'anything that has a Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal badge on it...

Remember those 2003/04 kits, very very nice actually. Especially the away one!

Best home was 2010/11

Red with white sleeves. Very understated, very classy.
Best Away was 2003/04.

Yellow and Blue, doesnt try to be anything else. Great material on this one IIRC.

Worst home was 2008/09

Sleeves must always be completely white, we're not LFC/MUFC. And white must never ever be anywhere but on the sleeves. Complete **** up on both counts.
Worst away by far was 2008/09

Since whe do Arsenal play in entirely white shirts? :colonhash:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Remember those 2003/04 kits, very very nice actually. Especially the away one!

Yes, that dark blue away was very smart. Noticed that the two best ones were made by Nike & the two worst ones were made by Admiral. I really like Nike kits, think they're the best about. They make these understated simple kits that just work well. What I hate most about that Arsenal away is those hooped socks :puke: Although I did like that Burgundy away in 05/06? I think, wasn't it the last year you played in Highbury? But yeah, that was a very classy design.
Reply 3
Yes, that dark blue away was very smart. Noticed that the two best ones were made by Nike & the two worst ones were made by Admiral. I really like Nike kits, think they're the best about. They make these understated simple kits that just work well. What I hate most about that Arsenal away is those hooped socks :puke: Although I did like that Burgundy away in 05/06? I think, wasn't it the last year you played in Highbury? But yeah, that was a very classy design.

Yeah I considered that one, especially since its synonymous with highbury but Burgundy isn't Arsenal colour. I do remember watching Arsenal that season and feeling that something just wasnt right with the colours! It was a lovely touch though and was very subtle.

In general understated and subtle kits are the best by far, problem is that every club has its own colours and so an understated kit has to be changed for the manufactures to make money!

My cousin is Leeds fan(bizarrely since he'd Dutch...) , although I havent seen him in donkeys, so I remember most of the Leeds kits from the early 00s.

What about these ones? Quite nice.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Yeah I considered that one, especially since its synonymous with highbury but Burgundy isn't Arsenal colour. I do remember watching Arsenal that season and feeling that something just wasnt right with the colours! It was a lovely touch though and was very subtle.

In general understated and subtle kits are the best by far, problem is that every club has its own colours and so an understated kit has to be changed for the manufactures to make money!

My cousin is Leeds fan(bizarrely since he'd Dutch...) , although I havent seen him in donkeys, but I remember most of the Leeds kits from the early 00s.

What about these ones? Quite nice.

Yeah, the Nike Strongbow were the best kits I think. Although I think Macron are doing a good job on their current kits. I love the Leeds home kit this year (in my avatar), I also bought this a few months ago:

Another simple Leeds Kit. Yellow & blue band across looks mint. I'm actually going to buy this jacket from 1972 as well soon. I do like my retro stuff.

Reply 5
Best (not a huge fan of nike kits but had the old badge and generally looked nice)
Kevin-Mirallas-celeb-Everton-v-Reading_2908811.jpg

Worst (the **** was that? Turn it in Everton)
pa-photos_t_sydney-fc-everton-friendly-photos-1207n.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeah, the Nike Strongbow were the best kits I think. Although I think Macron are doing a good job on their current kits. I love the Leeds home kit this year (in my avatar), I also bought this a few months ago:

Another simple Leeds Kit. Yellow & blue band across looks mint. I'm actually going to buy this jacket from 1972 as well soon. I do like my retro stuff.

That tracksuit looks sick tbf

Think almost everyone prefers simple, old fashioned kits rather than some of the modern shockers!
Original post by mrderp28
Best (not a huge fan of nike kits but had the old badge and generally looked nice)

Oh dear, I remember that pink kit. Well, it was certainly different. I'm sure I read somewhere that Everton will have Puma kits from next season?
Reply 8
Oh dear, I remember that pink kit. Well, it was certainly different. I'm sure I read somewhere that Everton will have Puma kits from next season?

No it's Umbro apparently. I like Umbro, and Nike were the ones behind the badge change so they can get to ****
No it's Umbro apparently. I like Umbro, and Nike were the ones behind the badge change so they can get to ****

I meant Umbro, I've just been looking at some Puma football boots :colondollar: Yeah, I think Umbro are quite decent, I really like this England kit:

I know it wasn't too popular, but I thought it looked quite unique & modern.
I meant Umbro, I've just been looking at some Puma football boots :colondollar: Yeah, I think Umbro are quite decent, I really like this England kit:

Probably the only England kit I've liked

Always thought England looked better in red than white, probably because of 1966.
Reply 11
I meant Umbro, I've just been looking at some Puma football boots :colondollar: Yeah, I think Umbro are quite decent, I really like this England kit

Hoping for this. Simple and smart everton_20100729_1173871513.jpg
Hoping for this. Simple and smart everton_20100729_1173871513.jpg

Very nice. Everton have generally had very smart kits over the years though. Your latest one is perfect in its simplicity imo but obviously the badge has been controversial
If you're talking about retro kits though, Holland 1974 takes the gold

Something very special about it. Timeless class and elegance. Johan Cruyff looking bored out of his skull in a world cup final :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
Obviously technology moves on and the material used now is much more sleek and better fitting, but I do miss the baggier kits that used to billow a bit like a sail when the likes of Baggio ran at full speed.

baggio.jpg
Reply 15
Best I reckon is this one

qpr-1983-retro-shirt.jpg

Didn't really like this kit from a couple of seasons ago

qpr-away-shirt-2011-12.jpg
Reply 16
Best Liverpool home kit has got to be the 1998-00 one for me - as made iconic by a young Michael Owen. Worst home will probably be the one following that which we won the treble in.

Best away would be the 1989 grey one, or the 2009 grey one, with the worst being either of this season's.
Reply 17
Best home:

Worst home:

Best away:

Worst away:
Reply 18
$_12.JPG
Reply 19
best has to be west ham 1983 home kit and best away has to be 1999 away kit

Worst away and home have to be 1991, seriously wtf

Quick Reply

Latest