The Student Room Group

NUS or UCL in Electrical & Electronics Engineering

Poll

NUS (National University of Singapore) VS UCL (University College London)

I have received acceptance to both colleges and I am fortunate enough to have sufficient funds to study at the above mentioned universities. However, which university has an overall better impression in an employer's perspective? Which college is more prestigious to graduate in? UCL is ranked #4 overall in the world under the official topuniversities ranking
whilst NUS is ranked #24. However, NUS is placed way above UCL in Engineering
and Technology.
Original post by chaostcg
I have received acceptance to both colleges and I am fortunate enough to have sufficient funds to study at the above mentioned universities. However, which university has an overall better impression in an employer's perspective? Which college is more prestigious to graduate in? UCL is ranked #4 overall in the world under the official topuniversities ranking
and Technology.

Re "However, which university has an overall better impression in an employer's perspective?" You would be more likely to get a good answer to this by asking employers - this forum is populated mainly by applicants who have yet to attend a university never mind have a thorough understanding of the job market.
Original post by chaostcg
and Technology.

Official? There is no such thing, even the authors describe their rankings merely as the 'most trusted' or 'most widely read'.
Rankings don't mean anything, and in terms of employers it's going to depend on who you ask. Most here won't have heard of NUS, and likely the vice versa in Singapore.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending