The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

PGCE Early Years 2014-2015

Hi guys. I've accepted an offer from Chester to do the Early Years PGCE starting this September. Is anyone else due to start?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Linnende
Hi guys. I've accepted an offer from Chester to do the Early Years PGCE sthiarting this September. Is anyone else due to start?

Hi linnende, I have just accepted too! I'm traveling from buckley, north wales and hoping to car share? Have you done your qts yet? X
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey that's cool. I'm travelling from Liverpool though so I think I'd be a bit out of the way for a car share unfortunately :frown:. Yeah I did the tests in December x
Reply 3
Aw no worries, I'm revising like mad, should be fine but not too sure what to expect, hate computer tests id rather see them on paper for maths! I'm excited to start our course in sept :smile: xx
Reply 4
Hey! Im going there too! I've done the literacy test but still got the maths to do! Has anyone heard of the starting date yet? It says August on the website but no specific date! Im from Liverpool too :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by merynfell
Hey! Im going there too! I've done the literacy test but still got the maths to do! Has anyone heard of the starting date yet? It says August on the website but no specific date! Im from Liverpool too :smile:

Hey cool. :smile: BTW If you or anyone else is struggling with the maths at all I recommend numeracy ready. I wouldn't have passed without that lol.

I haven't heard anything at all yet. Hopefully we will hear soon. I want to book a holiday in August!
Reply 6
Im the same!! Aw thank you! I really need the help!
x
Reply 7
Hey girls, i emailed uni and they say we start September 3rd xx
Reply 8
Great thanks for letting us know :smile:
Reply 9
So what is everyone doing in the meantime to prepare? I'm just getting familiar with the EYFS and Primary curriculum and other documentation, and continuing to volunteer in my school for 1-2 days a week. I heard we're meant to be getting some info from the uni about what we can do in the meantime but I haven't received anything yet.
Reply 10
Hello Guys!
I am starting the PGCE in September aswell :smile:
I am also coming from Liverpool! So can do car share!

Looking forward to it! nervous aswell though

x
Reply 11
Hey cool. :smile: BTW If you or anyone else is struggling with the maths at all I recommend numeracy ready. I wouldn't have passed without that lol.

I haven't heard anything at all yet. Hopefully we will hear soon. I want to book a holiday in August!

Is this a book? or website? for the numeracy ready!? i havent passed mine and i need to ha! xx
Reply 12
Hey. It's a website. http://www.numeracyready.co.uk/
Reply 13

i need to pass them! i keep putting them off but i have to do them! xx
Reply 14
Hey guys have you got your stuff from the uni? I can't believe we have to write an essay! Lol.
Reply 15
Original post by Tamsyn11
Hello Guys!
I am starting the PGCE in September aswell :smile:
I am also coming from Liverpool! So can do car share!

Looking forward to it! nervous aswell though

x

Hey sorry for not replying I've only just seen your post lol. Whereabouts in Liverpool are you? x
Reply 16
Hey sorry for not replying I've only just seen your post lol. Whereabouts in Liverpool are you? x

Hey! I live in wavertree you? :smile: x
Reply 17
Hey everyone! I'm starting PGCE Primary in September as well. I'm going to be moving to Chester, so if anyone is looking for a flatmate. I've put this on a few other threads. I've found a really nice flat, and between 3 people it would be quite cheap. Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/32960115 . If you let me know soonish and I can set up viewings. (I will also have my miniature dachshund with me, so hopefully no one is allergic to dogs.) Let me know :smile:
Hi Everyone! I'm starting the EY PGCE this year. Did anyone else get the email about the residential in September and are any of you going? It looks lovely where they're taking us :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
I've not had an email yet :s I sent the confirmation about my email address a few weeks ago. The only thing I've heard since then is about the August 1st DBS cancellation. Where is the residential at?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending