The Student Room Group

SKY graduate assessment centre

Hi,

I just want to see if anyone has been to one of these and what the dresswear people wore (particularly males). I just noticed it says you are not expected to wear a shirtbut at the same time think twice about wearing shorts and t shirt. I am just thinking although it says this domost people still turn up in a suit. Ican see myself either going in a suit and then everyone else just dressedsmartly, or going dressed smartly and everyone else in a suit! So a bit of adilemma, it would be good if others could share experiences.

Thank you.
Reply 1
lol, yer that's what I also wanted to know! when's you AC?
Reply 2
Original post by KevinCh
lol, yer that's what I also wanted to know! when's you AC?

Hi,

Its in a couple of weeks. I think I will wear a suit and if people are dressed more casually il just take of my jacket and possible my tie.
I had a group assessment day, not with BSkyB, but all males wore suits. I'd say your approach is best, go in a suit and you can always take off your tie. No one will think you're daft turning up to a graduate AC wearing a suit, they will if you turn up in a Man U top.
Reply 4
OP - Sky does tend to be quiet a laid back environment, although I've not seen many people wearing shorts there to be honest. It's important you feel comfortable on the day (not literally, mentally!) and that you fit in with the company. The simplest way to deal with this is to give your HR contact a call and politely ask for clarification. You won't be the first to ring up and ask what people tend to wear on the day and it certainly won't be held against you for being prepared.

Original post by beerbaitedballs
I had a group assessment day, not with BSkyB, but all males wore suits. I'd say your approach is best, go in a suit and you can always take off your tie. No one will think you're daft turning up to a graduate AC wearing a suit, they will if you turn up in a Man U top.

Beyond me how you think a separate unrelated assessment day is relevant to this question! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending