The Student Room Group

AS Level Maths Edexcel C1 & C2 Question.

Hey guys, so i was wondering if i take the C1 and C2 exams only without doing m1,s1,etc will i be able to get an A and if not will my grade be considered only from C1 and C2 ?
Reply 1
To get an AS Level in Maths you have to sit 3 exams, you can't certificate without 3.

If you entered yourself for S1/M1/D1 and didn't sit it you could get an AS but the highest possible grade would be a C (if you got 180/200+ from C1+C2).
Well you could opt for a U in S1/M1 in which case you'll get a decent grade considering you get 100% in C1 and C2.

Or you could do what most of the world is doing and actually study for that exam..
Why don't you want to do an applied module?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by moment of truth
Why don't you want to do an applied module?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not because of laziness or anything of that sort its because i am doing 4 CIE AS Levels and Pure maths is one of them with Mechanics. I'm thinking of also doing Edexcel maths but if i do that my exam timetable would be really horrible, i'd have straight exams from the 9th of may to 6th of june with only a single day as a gap. So i was wondering if i can do C1 and C2 without an applied module because that would ease up my timetable a bit.
Reply 5
Original post by alow
To get an AS Level in Maths you have to sit 3 exams, you can't certificate without 3.

If you entered yourself for S1/M1/D1 and didn't sit it you could get an AS but the highest possible grade would be a C (if you got 180/200+ from C1+C2).

Oh i see then i'd have to reconsider my options, thnx for the help though!:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest