The Student Room Group

Urgent Question on UCAS Points! [Odd!]

Dear all!

I have an odd question,which many may find ridiculous.
I stuffed my A levels up when I was younger, only getting 140 UCAS points.
I do however have an NVQ level 4, but not sure if it's worth any UCAS points.

I did a foundation degee, and got onto my bachelors programme.

Does anyone know if I can somehow transfer my 2:1 Bachelor Honours degree into UCAS points? I'm currently studying my Masters at a well known university in London and for some ridiculous reason, the Army will not accept either my Bachelors or Masters degree as evidence to display 'breadth of learning', (somebody doesn't know how to use a dictionary). Anyway they will ONLY accept UCAS points, so I was wondering if I have any options without having to do a course?

That being said, IF there are no options, does anybody know the QUICKEST method of geting 100 UCAS points. And I mean fast-track A levels, BTECs or whatever, whether it costs £10, or £1000 I'd like to know what my options are. I have found very little in regard to this, and I would really appreciate if somebody had any information to share.

Regards,

John Smith
(edited 10 years ago)
Degrees aren't worth UCAS points. 100 points is a B at A level so I'd suggest fast tracking an A level or taking 2 AS may be easier if they really don't care where the UCAS points come from. You could self teach and take the exams at a private centre, for just the exams it shouldn't cost too much but it'll vary depending on the centre.
Reply 2
I will find out if they care or not about where the UCAS points come from, because if that is the case, I'll take the Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) test, which can be taken to top up UCAS points. 140 UCAS points for an A.
There's a full list of courses that attract UCAS points here http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/explore-your-options/entry-requirements/tariff-tables

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending