The Student Room Group

PGCE Biology at the University of Oxford

This is probably a long shot but has anyone else chosen Oxford uni as their final choice for PGCE biology starting September 2014? I've just accepted Oxford as my firm choice and am feeling a bit lonely and finding the whole process a bit daunting on my own! It would be great to find someone else that will be there to talk to in advance :smile:

Emma :smile:
Reply 1
Yep I firmed for the Biology PGCE at Oxford a couple of days ago! I'm at Bristol at the moment in my 3rd year so its going to be all change for me too! Nice to know someone else that's doing it :smile:

Rob
Reply 2
Yay a biology buddy :smile: I'm really looking forward to starting now! I'm a teaching assistant at the moment; graduated last year. Have you started looking at colleges yet?

Reply 3
Oh awesome! Yer I've been looking at Lincoln and Magdalen, both look really good :smile: Just need the pack of stuff to come through in the post so I can get cracking. Have you started looking at colleges at all?

Rob :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by RobMays93
Oh awesome! Yer I've been looking at Lincoln and Magdalen, both look really good :smile: Just need the pack of stuff to come through in the post so I can get cracking. Have you started looking at colleges at all?

Yeah I've just put down lady Margaret hall as my top choice and keble as my second. I just went by how far away they were from where our lectures will be. I have to say the free punt boat in the summer for lady Margaret hall did it for me! Also i knew someone who went there and loved it :smile: I really want to know where the placements will be!

Emma :
Reply 5
Finally, I'm going to be in Green Templeton College and I think my accommodation is going to be in the Observer's house which should be pretty awesome! Sorry for the delay, things have been pretty stressful with finals and all!

Reply 6
Yeah fair enough! I got into Lady Margaret Hall but they can't offer me accommodation! So I'm in limbo at the moment with finding somewhere to live. It looks like I'll have to live in Iffley and get the bus in :s-smilie: better than nothing though. I was just hoping to walk to save some pennies!!!

I hope your finals went well. Good luck for your results :smile:

Reply 7
Oh the joys of finding accommodation! I thought I was going to be in the same situation but thankfully I got lucky. I hope you get yours sorted and find somewhere nice and not too far out :smile: I'll probably bring my bike up to Oxford so that should be able to get me most places. As for finals I think they went OK thanks- with any luck the last exams I will ever have! :biggrin:

Now to get down to earning money and actually playing some golf again! Have you any plans for the summer before we all get snowed under with lesson plans and marking? :P

Hi! I know it will have been a few years now, but I wondered how you all got on with your Biology PGCE and what it was like? I've had an offer, but didn't glean much from the interview day and wanted some thoughts from previous students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending