The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Discussion about ethnic minority racism.

Hi, just thought a discussion was needed which tackled the subject of ethnic minority racism.

There seems to be a never ending cavalcade of threads which mention racism but barely any of them bring up the subject of racism in ethnic minority communities.

Instead, like a broken record, discussion only focuses on white people as if they are the only ones capable of racism -- an idea which itself is blatantly racist.

I suppose an anecdotal example of ethnic minority racism was when my cousin was stabbed by gang of racist black people and the police did nothing about it -- If it was the reverse it would have been a national outrage but because the victim was white and the offenders black nothing was done. I suppose you could say it was institutional racism against white people.

anyway, discussion and other examples welcome.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Glass_to_Stone
Sorry about your cousin. Racism is disgusting. It's a shame that the police failed to achieve justice there. Legislation has been passed by Parliament though, aimed at outlawing crime when an offence is motivated by hostility or hatred towards a victim's actual or perceived race or religious beliefs.

Thankyou. But, this happened only a few years ago well after the laws had been enacted.
(edited 10 years ago)
In my opinion most racist policys/action/beliefs are being pushed and supported by minorities. I do think most of them are very hostile and domineering on racial grounds toward the majority in a subjugating manner.
In before the social justice warriors descend on this thread saying, "White people can't be victims of racism!"
Reply 4
I will be the first to admit 90% of all equality laws are unfairly applied to Whites 90% of the time. That includes anything to do with sexism and racism.

Not just a UK problem happens in Sweden and Norway too.

As a non-White person today, if I decide that I dislike someone who is a negro working for me I can do anything I feel like doing and 90% of the time the authorities would look the other way and in the 9% of time they would pay attention and most likely do nothing.

As a non-White and in a financially better off position, while in Norway this is a bit difficult to do due to the minefield of rules and regulations that protect the rights of workers but in UK at any point I decide a White Brit isn't someone I like I can fire him or her for near no reason and the smallest of reasons if I blow it up will simply be accepted as good enough a reason. Why I know this? Last 5 years I initiated almost 30 people to lose their job, primarily because I found them to be lazy according to my definition and no judge in UK would ever dare come after me with racism. Now if that person was a negro or an Asian chances are I'd most likely escape too.

Now I go into any of the big UK companies for work and if ever I accuse any of the managers who are White for racism chances are they would be forced to quit even if it was just social after-work banter. Now if I was driving a pool car and saw a negro on the road being a pest and shouted "Bloody ****** get the **** out of the way" it might raise some eyebrows and most usually no one would dare say a word to me about it, if there is one that speaks up usually it is some White woman who would try to give me a slap on the wrist, no one in the company will dare take action on me because if they tried indeed I may get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again usually by some negro HR exec who reads it out from his or her HSE manuals, however few would ever try to bring it up as usually the complaint will go straight into the bin as most White managers won't want to escalate the problem as they won't want to be seen taking sides in a dispute between the minorities and even more would be afraid that I could turn it around and they be in bigger trouble........thus most simply leave it be or just tell me in private not to do it again.

Am I happy with this situation and how things are? I don't condone any kind of racism at the workplace :smile: However there isn't anything I could do about the situation it and end of the day my ricebowl and paypacket are far more important than your effects and feelings of racism.
Reply 5
Original post by imtelling
Hi, just thought a discussion was needed which tackled the subject of ethnic minority racism.

There seems to be a never ending cavalcade of threads which mention racism but barely any of them bring up the subject of racism in ethnic minority communities.

Instead, like a broken record, discussion only focuses on white people as if they are the only ones capable of racism -- an idea which itself is blatantly racist.

I suppose an anecdotal example of ethnic minority racism was when my cousin was stabbed by gang of racist blacks and the police did nothing about it -- If it was the reverse it would have been a national outrage but because the victim was white and the offenders black nothing was done. I suppose you could say it was institutional racism against white people.

anyway, discussion and other examples welcome.

An Eastern European guy stabbed an Asian man to death in Brum and the police did nothing because they were too busy freaking out about the Lee Rugby murder. They only caught the guy when he started nail bombing mosques.
Syria is a fine example of how it's impossible for other ethnicities to even get along with each other let alone with Caucasians, etc.

I think we can all agree that it's the racists and xenophobes who are full retard, regardless of your skin colour, my skin colour, or anyone elses.

And no, ignoring racist attacks against Caucasian people isn't really acceptable. A racist is a racist.

Latest