The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

private accommadtion at Manchester Met

I've had an offer for Fashion Buying and Merchandising at Man Met.
I really want to go to private halls as they are much nicer.
My course starts on 1st September but I'm worried because its so early that I will be alone for the first few weeks.
Anybody know when Freshers 2014 is? and is the week the same for all students in Man Met?
I am very sociable and love to party so does anyone recommend any good private accommodation.
I've already looked at Student Castle and CRM students.
Thanks
xoxo
Reply 1
Original post by ambbradshawx
I've had an offer for Fashion Buying and Merchandising at Man Met.
I really want to go to private halls as they are much nicer.
My course starts on 1st September but I'm worried because its so early that I will be alone for the first few weeks.
Anybody know when Freshers 2014 is? and is the week the same for all students in Man Met?
I am very sociable and love to party so does anyone recommend any good private accommodation.
I've already looked at Student Castle and CRM students.
Thanks
xoxo

Hey, my course starts the 1st of September too at MMU. I've had to book private halls because I live in Manchester so don't qualify for uni halls. I'm moving into Sanctuary students on Denmark road which is a short walk away from MMU. I highly recommend it it's very modern and not too far from the shops and bars.
Freshers week at MMU starts the 22nd September x
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Ah cool, thanks i'll look into that! I didn't realise that freshers is so late in the month!! are you worried about being alone at the start of the term? xx
Reply 3
Ah cool, thanks i'll look into that! I didn't realise that freshers is so late in the month!! are you worried about being alone at the start of the term? xx

I have a few friends that live there at the moment and love it! I was shocked when I heard it was practically at the end of September! Would have expected it mid September. Yeah Iam! A few people I know their courses don't start till the end of September so don't want to be stuck in a flat on my own xx
Reply 4
:confused:
Original post by JessIK1995
I have a few friends that live there at the moment and love it! I was shocked when I heard it was practically at the end of September! Would have expected it mid September. Yeah Iam! A few people I know their courses don't start till the end of September so don't want to be stuck in a flat on my own xx

Yeah that's the same with me, I don't want to be alone for the first few weeks!! :frown::frown:Xx
Reply 5
:confused:
Yeah that's the same with me, I don't want to be alone for the first few weeks!! :frown::frown:Xx

I doubt you'll be on your own, some accommodation places move in the 3rd September like mine and most people will probably stay there till they start get to know the area and flat mates. What course are you going to be doing? xx
Reply 6
I've got an offer to study international fashion promotion and it's my first choice. Really excited it's just I have literally no idea where the best accommodation is. I want to be really sociable so I can make new friends, so would halls be best?
Reply 7
Manchester Student Village, best private halls!
I lived in CRM Students/Ladybarn House in Fallowfield as a postgraduate student and it was wild. Like, I got up to go to my placement one morning and found a random girl passed out in the bathroom. Maybe I was just massively unlucky and it's usually fine but that was my experience! Objectively though, the flat was lovely and my room was brilliant. I just got no sleep and couldn't use the kitchen because it was filthy thanks to disgusting flatmates!
Victoria halls on higher Cambridge street are excellent....it's right next to the main campus and costs the same as most uni associated halls. I never had a fire alarm living here and it felt much more homely than my first year uni hall. Highly recommend :smile: all rooms are en suite too :smile:
Original post by savjl
Manchester Student Village, best private halls!

I've heard nothing but horror stories about MSV
LOL dint move to MSV worse student halls!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending