The Student Room Group

Is it still possible to grow at the age of 20?

Hi! I was always "the short one" in secondary. Since I left, I got to about 5'7".

But lately i've suddenly been feeling hungry loads and so i've been eating more. I've been sleeping a bit more too and i've not really ever noticed, but i'm taller than my Mum's boyfriend now, and I'm nearing 5'9".

It's great because I've wanted to be taller :wink: but is it normal to still grow now? Do you think it's because i've always been shorter and now i'm finally growing? I don't seem any fatter but I was always around 9 stone which is quite small, and now i'm near 10.5 stone too.

You've just had a growth spurt. People can carry on growing until they're in their early 20's, so it doesn't surprise me. The change In weight also sounds like you've bulked out a little. I wouldn't be surprised if you grew a little more still at some point!
My brother had his growth spurt really late, so it's not too strange.

And biologically speaking, human bones can grow until you're about 25 years old. But it differs with your genetics and stuff.
Original post by carrotstar
You've just had a growth spurt. People can carry on growing until they're in their early 20's, so it doesn't surprise me. The change In weight also sounds like you've bulked out a little. I wouldn't be surprised if you grew a little more still at some point!

Original post by Jalal Uddin
My brother had his growth spurt really late, so it's not too strange.

And biologically speaking, human bones can grow until you're about 25 years old. But it differs with your genetics and stuff.

Cool thanks :smile: hope I grow a bit more! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest