The Student Room Group

Cant be bothered with school anymore?

I'm in year 9 and school just doesn't seem to be a priority anymore. I know how important it is and I know I need to be focused, but I just can't be bothered to work. I used to cry sometimes so I could go and sit outside to think instead of work. You see, my life's been really bad lately and I'm finding it difficult to concentrate. My grades are slipping and I'm being noticeably disobedient. I never bring my pe kit anymore and I never take part in any activities. I am really really shy and self conscious so school in a social nightmare for me.
Reply 1
Original post by terri-anne0121
I'm in year 9 and school just doesn't seem to be a priority anymore. I know how important it is and I know I need to be focused, but I just can't be bothered to work. I used to cry sometimes so I could go and sit outside to think instead of work. You see, my life's been really bad lately and I'm finding it difficult to concentrate. My grades are slipping and I'm being noticeably disobedient. I never bring my pe kit anymore and I never take part in any activities. I am really really shy and self conscious so school in a social nightmare for me.

Hi there OP, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a bit of a difficult time lately. It is normal for people of your age to go through periods of difficulty, and students of all ages experience times of lack of motivation. Have you chosen your GCSE's yet? If not, have you given thought to what subjects you truly do enjoy - not ones that you just have to do because you're forced to. That might help give you focus on where you're heading. I never brought my P.E kit to school either - I always had a note from my mum explaining why I couldn't possibly do P.E this week for whatever made-up reason. I think that because of the stage of your life you're at, you're struggling to find out who you are and where you want to go, and whatever other sufferings and problems are in your life aren't helping at all - and make school seem pointless.
Remember, suffering isn't dependent on the world being good or bad, but on how willing we are to use wisdom in this moment right here. You have to ask yourself where you want to go and how you're going to move on from here; what you want to achieve and who you want to become.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending