The Student Room Group

Unconditional Offer Question

I have received an unconditional offer from my top choice university today. In my personal statement, I declared that I was going to retake some AS modules as I had medical problems then and didn't achieve my full potential. Do I still need to retake those modules as I said in my personal statement, or can I not do it now since it's an unconditional offer? Thank you!
No. Unconditional means no matter what you're accepted, congratulations.
Original post by Nati36
I have received an unconditional offer from my top choice university today. In my personal statement, I declared that I was going to retake some AS modules as I had medical problems then and didn't achieve my full potential. Do I still need to retake those modules as I said in my personal statement, or can I not do it now since it's an unconditional offer? Thank you!

How did you get an unconditional offer?? What's the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
The university will accept you even if you decide to rape a group of schoolchildren
Reply 4
No need, a personal statement isn't a contract :tongue:
Original post by Nati36

Unfortunately, the information that you've been given above is incorrect. They've given you an unconditional on the basis that all of the information you've given them on your UCAS form is correct and does not change. If something changes, they have the right to withdraw that offer.

I would suggest that before you do anything rash (like not doing your retakes) you email your uni and ask them if would be ok with you not doing the retakes.

If they say that you do still have to do the retakes, then you still need to sit them, but it doesn't matter what grade you get, even a U - you just have to sit the exams to meet the terms of your unconditional offer.
Reply 6
Original post by benwalters1996
How did you get an unconditional offer?? What's the course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am on my gap year at the moment but was going to retake some ASs. It's an offer from University of Nottingham. Thank you for your reply!
Reply 7
Original post by Origami Bullets
Unfortunately, the information that you've been given above is incorrect. They've given you an unconditional on the basis that all of the information you've given them on your UCAS form is correct and does not change. If something changes, they have the right to withdraw that offer.

I would suggest that before you do anything rash (like not doing your retakes) you email your uni and ask them if would be ok with you not doing the retakes.

If they say that you do still have to do the retakes, then you still need to sit them, but it doesn't matter what grade you get, even a U - you just have to sit the exams to meet the terms of your unconditional offer.

Thank you. I thought it might be better to email them.
Original post by Nati36
Thank you. I thought it might be better to email them.

Sounds like a good idea. Out of interest, what grades do they ask for, and what grades have you actually got?
Reply 9
To be honest, I don't think they would bother too much if you don't resit them since they gave you an unconditional offer. Congratulations, you must be so happy! :tongue: I got an unconditional from my second choice university (Newcastle University) and couldn't be happier about it.
Reply 10
Sounds like a good idea. Out of interest, what grades do they ask for, and what grades have you actually got?

They ask for ABB, I have A*BC :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Dylankj96
To be honest, I don't think they would bother too much if you don't resit them since they gave you an unconditional offer. Congratulations, you must be so happy! :tongue: I got an unconditional from my second choice university (Newcastle University) and couldn't be happier about it.

Well done! I wasn't expecting an unconditional offer from them so I am over the moon!
Original post by Nati36
Well done! I wasn't expecting an unconditional offer from them so I am over the moon!

Thanks! :smile: It's such a relief when you see that the offer is unconditional. First, you're like: "OMG, I GOT AN OFFER!" and then you're like: "MY OFFER IS FECKING UNCONDITIONAL", haha.
Original post by Nati36
They ask for ABB, I have A*BC :smile:

In that case I'll make an educated guess that, because you'll still fall outside the ABB+ student number controls, they won't mind too much. However, you would be very wise to email and check before you do anything rash.
Reply 14
In that case I'll make an educated guess that, because you'll still fall outside the ABB+ student number controls, they won't mind too much. However, you would be very wise to email and check before you do anything rash.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending