The Student Room Group

Ask someone who just lost out on £1.8m anything

So basically I have a list of 10 lottery combinations of 6 numbers and I've been monitoring the lottery for the last few months to see how often my numbers come up and I win something. I worked out that if I put all 10 tickets on once every week (alternating between Wednesday and Saturday) that I would, almost always, win my money back.

Out of the last 26 draws I have 'played' 13 and had 3 numbers come up 5 times, 4 numbers come up 3 times and 5 numbers come up once. In this situation I would have spend £260 and won about £900.

I chose my numbers via a mixture of random pickings and strategically picking them, and I made sure to include the most common numbers in at least every combination and also made sure that every single number, 1-49, is included at least once.

Yesterday I was going to put the lottery on but decided against it because I'm real low on money... and I had jackpot numbers come up - 20, 3, 24, 7, 30 and 39. The jackpot was £1.8m and nobody else got 6 numbers.

I'm absolutely gutted but it's really funny at the same time.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
That's why I pick different numbers each time, so I don't feel like I've missed out when I haven't played :smile:
How can you lose something you never had?
Unlucky.
That's such a shame :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by ✈ ✈
How can you lose something you never had?

I changed the title, happy? :rolleyes:
I was pulling your leg haha :wink:

I wish I had 1.8 mil...
Reply 7
Original post by ✈ ✈
I was pulling your leg haha :wink:

I wish I had 1.8 mil...

I'd have invested most of it too... ah well.
Wait, do you study at Leeds Uni?
Reply 9
Original post by ✈ ✈
Wait, do you study at Leeds Uni?

Nah, I'm just from Leeds
Reply 10
Lol poor thing
I call BS... people on this site are so gullible.
Reply 12
Original post by thatsokthough
I call BS... people on this site are so gullible.

Why would I lie about something like this on a student forum?
Reply 13
Lottery is evil, forget it :colone:
The lotterys such a scam

Quick Reply

Latest