The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Is computer science with management a good course at King's?

I got an offer about electrical & electronic engineering at university of manchester. I also got an offer about CS with management at King's. Honestly speaking, I prefer King's to Manchester. But I'm not sure about the future of CS with management. At first, I thought studying computer science can know something about technology, and studying something about management will let you know how to organise people. But I'm not sure for the future prospect.
go with kings.

good location for internships
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Zhedong, can I ask what your AS grades and predicted grades were? Also, when did you get your offer? Congrats btw!
Reply 3
Original post by absmhmd
Zhedong, can I ask what your AS grades and predicted grades were? Also, when did you get your offer? Congrats btw!

Hi, I'm not doing A-level courses. I'm right now studying King's College International Science Foundation Programme. My subjects are Maths, Physics and Academic English. My predicted grades for three subjects above are AAA. Our coordinator sent UCAS on December 20th. And I got conditonal offer on February 4th.
Reply 4
I would take Kings since it's located in London and a lot of big companies are close by.

Computer Science is a really exiting subject because you learn a lot about how a computer work and also programming and the management part is always a plus in case you want to start your own business or just learn more about how management work in general.

I think CS degree will open a lot of doors in the future, maybe I am just bias because I am going to do a CS degree but I recommend it.

Pardon my bad English, still learning the language :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Yax
I would take Kings since it's located in London and a lot of big companies are close by.

Computer Science is a really exiting subject because you learn a lot about how a computer work and also programming and the management part is always a plus in case you want to start your own business or just learn more about how management work in general.

I think CS degree will open a lot of doors in the future, maybe I am just bias because I am going to do a CS degree but I recommend it.

oh i think you are right.are you doing a foundation programme?
Reply 6
Original post by dudusi
oh i think you are right.are you doing a foundation programme?

yes, in my opinion, king's foundation has a good quality. But Academic English taught in kings is more diffcult than IELTs.
Reply 7
Original post by Yax

Thank you for the reply. I like it.

Quick Reply

Latest