The Student Room Group

Do you have a Valentine?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Nope I haven't got a Valentine, although I did last year which has made the day even more rubbish because my brain has been going 'Ooh, have this beautiful flashback which will bring you to tears because you don't have this anymore!'
Reply 61
No Valentine, :frown: would like one, maybe next year :frown:
Original post by thisisrandy
Mr Worldwide!

Mr Worldwide?
Original post by suzylemonade
Mr Worldwide?

That was a reference to Pitbull.

Having said that, you appear to be a women, perhaps Miss Worldwide?

P.S. I don't believe in V Day but your date(s) sound pretty awesome (and foreign!)
That was a reference to Pitbull.

Having said that, you appear to be a women, perhaps Miss Worldwide?

P.S. I don't believe in V Day but your date(s) sound pretty awesome (and foreign!)

Thanks xD
Chemistry ISA wasn't a great date, really. Difficult and just a tad stupid, not really the kind of person I tend to go for
Reply 65
Original post by corax
With it being Valentine's Day I want to watch the 'Valentine's Day' movie. I've just realised though that I don't own it.
I'll have to watch it online instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From a legitimate source ofc
Reply 66
Thanks xD
Chemistry ISA wasn't a great date, really. Difficult and just a tad stupid, not really the kind of person I tend to go for

So no real chemistry between you two then?

I won't apologise, had to be done.
Thanks xD

Ah. Such is life. Perhaps your efforts may be better spent on Literature. Delve into a book, Project Red, perhaps?

My date tonight? Economics, American Hustle and a short trip to my nearest Starbuck's.. cause my friends are not spontaneous enough to step out tonight.
Missed this post!

Original post by universityisobso
Well I'm 24 and I've never had a valentine or a girlfriend.

I wonder if a shy aspergers type guy can ever find love or if I might as well just kill myself now. I don't see why being my girlfriend would be that bad, I'm strong, intelligent, earning good money, young, good looking, good sense of humour, but no girl has ever shown interest in me except to lead me on. Half the people I went to school with have children now. I'm ****ing sick of this.
Out of life's sea of problems, you would kill yourself for that? I can understand for something lost... but for lack of something you never had. Shows to the extent that social norms mess up with people's heads. Reminds me of Kacey Musgraves' song Merry Go 'Round.

I think you don't try hard enough. I know people who probably don't even have quarter of what you said you have, and they are successful with women by the sole virtue that they're resilient. Forgive if I'm wrong, but you're probably the kind of guy who avoids hitting on women for weeks/months after getting a rejection.

Here's a simple action plan that works! You like the look of her, talk to her, ask for her number etc. There are two unfavourable scenarios, and one favourable scenario. She says no, that's alright, move on. She give you chance but it doesn't work out, life goes on, so move on again. These two scenarios can only happen so many times... before the one you're after happens, and it works. But for it to work, you need to obey two rules. The first is to never let rejection or a thing not working out let you down and stop you from going for it! That's any realisation of the first two scenarios must never, ever affect whether you go for a girl you like any time after. The second is that, always go for it if you like her. No excuses. It wasn't a good time, she's too far, it was in the tube, there was nearby dude who could have been her boyfriend... All these are excuses so don't lie to yourself.

Now, go and get 'em, son!
Ah. Such is life. Perhaps your efforts may be better spent on Literature. Delve into a book, Project Red, perhaps?

My date tonight? Economics, American Hustle and a short trip to my nearest Starbuck's.. cause my friends are not spontaneous enough to step out tonight.

I think I will go for Literature. Books sound a lot more appealing than Chemistry right now xD

American hustle :biggrin: That's one movie on my to do list. Sounds like you're having a good Valentine's evening xD
Well, it's not even Valentine's day anymore -_-
We have God to thank for that, only 24 hours of sheer feelings of loneliness and nothing but envy and hatred towards loved-up couples I had to endure.

If you're not enjoying Chemistry now, I wouldn't recommend it at A-Level (assuming you are going to college). A lot like Death Eaters really, sucks the life out of you.
Reply 71
Yay, Valentine's Day's over! I was getting sick of the amount of couples walking slowly holding hands in town tonight -_-
No ffs. Even with all the ****ing valentines **** that was available to buy from my college, I still got **** all.
Reply 73
Original post by ThePerfectScore
Nothing... why, what would I expect? :ninja:

Then why your reaction was like something happened? :hmmm:
Original post by ThePerfectScore
Missed this post!

Out of life's sea of problems, you would kill yourself for that? I can understand for something lost... but for lack of something you never had. Shows to the extent that social norms mess up with people's heads. Reminds me of Kacey Musgraves' song Merry Go 'Round.

I think you don't try hard enough. I know people who probably don't even have quarter of what you said you have, and they are successful with women by the sole virtue that they're resilient. Forgive if I'm wrong, but you're probably the kind of guy who avoids hitting on women for weeks/months after getting a rejection.

Here's a simple action plan that works! You like the look of her, talk to her, ask for her number etc. There are two unfavourable scenarios, and one favourable scenario. She says no, that's alright, move on. She give you chance but it doesn't work out, life goes on, so move on again. These two scenarios can only happen so many times... before the one you're after happens, and it works. But for it to work, you need to obey two rules. The first is to never let rejection or a thing not working out let you down and stop you from going for it! That's any realisation of the first two scenarios must never, ever affect whether you go for a girl you like any time after. The second is that, always go for it if you like her. No excuses. It wasn't a good time, she's too far, it was in the tube, there was nearby dude who could have been her boyfriend... All these are excuses so don't lie to yourself.

Now, go and get 'em, son!

That's the right kind of advice but it's easier said than done when I only have one friend and he never wants to go anywhere with me so I don't go out. And the women I do approach can't wait for me to leave. I can't make them laugh like seemingly everyone else can. I'm more of a nuisance. They probably think I'm retarded.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by nocoolusername
It was a really good movie. I just have a catchy song song stuck in my head from the film.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha awesome. I've heard mixed reviews about it so far. Good you enjoyed it though x
Reply 76
Original post by VK96
From a legitimate source ofc

of course, who do you take me for? :wink:
Reply 77
It's depressing how much that situation represents the reality of Valentine's Day: having to find comfort in a virtual form online rather than the real thing in front of you.

But, if only I had the 'real thing' that you're referring to :tongue:
Reply 78
Original post by corax
of course, who do you take me for? :wink:

A totally honest certainly-not-pirate :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest