The Student Room Group

18 and single.

I'm 18 with no proper relationship and I'm single. Is there something wrong? I've never really had a man. How do I find one? If my mum feels sorry for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

No there's nothing wrong with you.. Its easy to find a man its hard to find a woman :/

This post misused the anon function. Before posting anonymously, please read the H&R guidelines - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/guidelines_for_health_and_relationships
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
No there's nothing wrong with you.. Its easy to find a man its hard to find a woman :/

This is not true!

I read statements like this all the time on this forum!
Reply 3
It's normal, loads of people reach 18/19/20 without having met someone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pride
This is not true!

I read statements like this all the time on this forum!

Sorry mate! This is so true.

There are so many guys who want a relationship, and not many girls. Or at least girls don't want to say they want a relationship, for some sorta reason.

That doesn't make much sense. It takes two to tango.
Reply 6

There are so many guys who want a relationship, and not many girls. Or at least girls don't want to say they want a relationship, for some sorta reason.

See, in my experience it's the other way round, I know more girls that want a relationship and guys that want to sleep around

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

It's equally 'hard' either way. If you get out enough, take care of your appearance (gym, hair cut, shave etc...) and have a decent personality you should have no problem getting girls/guys.
Original post by Odd socks
See, in my experience it's the other way round, I know more girls that want a relationship and guys that want to sleep around

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats ridiculous! Where do you live about, Bristol? Leeds? Oxford? London? Where is this happening? :frown:

I see it the other way round completely.
I've been looking for a relationship for a while now.
:mad::s-smilie::eek::frown:
Original post by CRW1996
It's equally 'hard' either way. If you get out enough, take care of your appearance (gym, hair cut, shave etc...) and have a decent personality you should have no problem getting girls/guys.

Whats a decent personality though?
Thats ridiculous! Where do you live about, Bristol? Leeds? Oxford? London? Where is this happening? :frown:

I see it the other way round completely.
I've been looking for a relationship for a while now.
:mad::s-smilie::eek::frown:

Aberdeen :smile: maybe it's just the sort of folk I know, but it seems like all my friends are finding boyfriends and I'm sitting here like a single pringle :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Aberdeen :smile: maybe it's just the sort of folk I know, but it seems like all my friends are finding boyfriends and I'm sitting here like a single pringle :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what I feel like. :frown:
Thats what I feel like. :frown:

:hugs: don't worry, we'll find the right people eventually! Being single has it's perks too, mind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

I guess it's subjective but some personality traits are universally bad. Such as a complete lack of confidence (don't confuse this with being introverted), bull****ter, acting/being depressed etc...
Reply 14
Original post by Secretnerd123
Focus on your studies

I think I may do that but it gets boring

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

Really? Everyone around me is loved up and I'm just here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
There's nothing wrong with you I'm 18 and single and couldn't be happier :smile:

Just enjoy going out and getting ready to mingle, being 18 is fun just go out and enjoy yourself and the right guy will come along when your not looking :smile:
Reply 17

Again, this is not true!

Just think about it logically. If there are so many single guys out there looking, then surely there must be a small number of men that are taken. If that is correct, then assuming most of them are heterosexual, about the same number of women are taken. Which means that a large number of women are available!
Logically speaking, there should be a similar number of available men and available women.

Empirically speaking though, I still think you're wrong. You may think that lots of guys you know are desperate to find someone, and maybe lots of the girls you know are taken. But to be honest, if you actually speak to girls, a lot of them will say similar things to you. Stuff like 'all the best guys are taken' and 'I'm worried I won't find anyone'.

Original post by ohemarica
Really? Everyone around me is loved up and I'm just here.

I rest my case...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by bstar
There's nothing wrong with you I'm 18 and single and couldn't be happier :smile:

Just enjoy going out and getting ready to mingle, being 18 is fun just go out and enjoy yourself and the right guy will come along when your not looking :smile:

That's what i'm going to start doing because I hardly go out loool. It's bad.
Reply 19

Someone who can keep a convo going :wink: You have to be loud, approachable, a convo starter and you've got to talk to them on your own accord. But when you do, you shouldnt have awkward silences and things should flow :

Ever heard the term 'nice guys finish last' ??

Should really be amended to 'quiet/shy guys finish last'

Not saying that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that if you're quiet or shy, you become less noticable, no one really gets to know you and thus they cant really feel attracted to someone they dont know.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending