The Student Room Group

Big 4 Final Interview - graduate position

TSR community,

I had my final interview for a graduate position at Deloitte on Monday but I still have not heard back from the firm on the outcome. On their website they say that applicants will find out the result no later than 3 working days.

My question is: Should I contact the firm on Monday and ask or just wait? Also does not hearing back mean that it is highly likely that I'm not successful as I've heard that the big 4 usually let successful applicants know almost immediately?

Thanks for your help!
Reply 1
I don't think there's anything to gain by getting in touch with them. I think once you've made a few applications you realise that estimates of when you're likely to hear should normally be doubled or tripled before you start to worry.

The partner who interviewed you is probably just disorganised or busy. I doubt they've fed the decision back to HR so the people you ring won't be able to tell you anything. I definitely wouldn't assume you've been unsuccessful, I know it's hard but I would try and be patient. There's nothing you can do about it now :smile:
Reply 2
To be honest I wouldn't worry about it, this is the busy period for audit and perhaps thats why your partner has not responded. I had my partner interview with Deloitte on a Friday and found out that I was successful on Monday. Therefore they do not necessarily inform you of the decision almost immediately. I know its hard, but the best thing to do is be patient, hopefully the wait will be worth it!

However, if you do not hear from them in the next few days, I would perhaps email your recruitment contact. Best of luck :smile:
I'm always of the school of thought that once somebody takes longer than they should have, a polite little reminder rarely goes amiss.

It could easily be that your case is currently low down on the pile for the HR department, a polite reminder that you are still waiting may get your case pushed up the list, it's just human nature.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
My brother is in the same position however I don't see why they would keep someone who was unsuccessful waiting longer than someone who had been successful, it will almost certainly just be the case that either the partner has not given feedback to HR or that they are busy with other things and your application is somewhere near the bottom of the list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending