The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Offer Holders 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by niniesta96
As long as you know your personal statement and can expand upon your BMAT essay you should be fine!
Looking positive and enthusiastic also helps too! :biggrin:

I stretched the truth massively wrt my volunteering :')

Let's hope they don't pick up on that :P
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by IAmABaws
WTF?!?!?:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

My firm offers those rooms for £100 a week :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What!!? Where's that? I'm beginning to regret applying to 4 london unis...
Reply 22
Original post by Ke299
What!!? Where's that? I'm beginning to regret applying to 4 london unis...

Cambridge :biggrin:

Haha, to which others did you apply? Do you have any other offers?
Reply 23
Cambridge :biggrin:

Haha, to which others did you apply? Do you have any other offers?

Ah I see- my brother went there, he keeps rubbing the price in my face :rolleyes: nope just ucl but I'm not complaining! I applied to ucl, barts, st georges and kings
Reply 24
Hey guys, have you thought about what type of accommodation you might be going for yet?

I would've liked ensuite as well, but the prices really are outrageous :s-smilie: Apparently I can be assigned to an international hall with decent room:bathroom ratio and everything, but I think I prefer self catered. How about you?
Reply 25
Original post by Ke299
Ah I see- my brother went there, he keeps rubbing the price in my face :rolleyes: nope just ucl but I'm not complaining! I applied to ucl, barts, st georges and kings

Hahaha did he also mention the fact that we get our rooms serviced? :wink:

Ahh nice! UCL is awesome :biggrin:
Reply 26
Hahaha did he also mention the fact that we get our rooms serviced? :wink:

Ahh nice! UCL is awesome :biggrin:

Haha of course he did... several times... I'm pretty sure he had someone doing his washing for him as well!

Yep :biggrin: is ucl your insurance?
Reply 27
Original post by Ke299
Haha of course he did... several times... I'm pretty sure he had someone doing his washing for him as well!

Yep :biggrin: is ucl your insurance?

Ahh so much independence :P

And if I get the offer then it will be :smile: Kinda regret not going to the Kings interview now haha
Reply 28
Ahh so much independence :P

And if I get the offer then it will be :smile: Kinda regret not going to the Kings interview now haha

Ah ok when was your interview?
Reply 29
I have it on the 5th of March, sooo late :/ I doubt they'll give me an offer though haha
Reply 30
Does anyone know if the weekly prices in the booklet for halls include the price of catering service (2 meals per day)? Or do we have to pay extra?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by mli26
Does anyone know if the weekly prices in the booklet for halls include the price of catering service (2 meals per day)? Or do we have to pay extra?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The halls list as number 1 and 2 are catered so include good cost (breakfast and tea, Monday to Friday) but all other numbers are self-catered :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by lecsf
I would've liked ensuite as well, but the prices really are outrageous :s-smilie: Apparently I can be assigned to an international hall with decent room:bathroom ratio and everything, but I think I prefer self catered. How about you?

Yeah same, an ensuite room would be preferable but the price might make me choose otherwise!
I'm still unsure bout halls or houses-probably houses. It will make me learn how to properly cook sooner! :tongue:

So are you an international student then?
Reply 33
Yeah same, an ensuite room would be preferable but the price might make me choose otherwise!
I'm still unsure bout halls or houses-probably houses. It will make me learn how to properly cook sooner! :tongue:

So are you an international student then?

That's a fair point :tongue: I'd like to cater for myself because this would allow me to make my own schedule; I'd hate to be forced to sit down and eat at 12:30 if I'm not hungry yet.

I am! How about you? Also, is your username "niniesta" because of the football player? I've been dying to ask, since I love football so much!
Reply 34
Original post by lecsf
That's a fair point :tongue: I'd like to cater for myself because this would allow me to make my own schedule; I'd hate to be forced to sit down and eat at 12:30 if I'm not hungry yet.

I am! How about you? Also, is your username "niniesta" because of the football player? I've been dying to ask, since I love football so much!

I definitely agree about the flexibility of self-catering.
Yeah it's because of the footballer :tongue: - he's one of my favourite players (I support Barca amongst other teams) and it's a combo of a nickname I have and his name. Which team do you support?
Mind if I also ask where you're from?
Reply 35
I definitely agree about the flexibility of self-catering.
Yeah it's because of the footballer :tongue: - he's one of my favourite players (I support Barca amongst other teams) and it's a combo of a nickname I have and his name. Which team do you support?
Mind if I also ask where you're from?

Ahh, that makes sense! I support two teams - Santos (from Brazil) and Arsenal, though at present I wish I didn't support any of them :s-smilie: As a Barça fan, you might know Santos as a)Neymar's former team and b)The team whose ass was kicked by Barça in the 2011 club world cup. What other teams do you support? I ask because, as you might guess, I really dislike Barcelona haha.
Needless to say, I'm from Brazil! Are you from the UK then?
Reply 36
Has anyone tried to get their GPs to do their hep B and blood tests, because mine said they can't... :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I think im going to wait till i start at ucl to get the blood test done:smile: they are charging me 41pounds just to do my health questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by mli26
I think im going to wait till i start at ucl to get the blood test done:smile: they are charging me 41pounds just to do my health questionnaire

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you checked the prices on the ucl website? It's not exactly cheap... I'm not saying your gp will be cheaper but you might as well get a quote just in case haha
Reply 39
Original post by Ke299
Have you checked the prices on the ucl website? It's not exactly cheap... I'm not saying your gp will be cheaper but you might as well get a quote just in case haha

My GP also said they don't offer it:frown: so i don't see another option

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest