The Student Room Group

Dating sites?

Are there any decent dating sites for someone younger?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How young? If you're young it's best to just get out and about to seek true love. Internet dating has about as much enjoyment associated as the graduate recruitment milk round and probably less success.
Reply 2
www.twoo.com
I met my boyfriend there :biggrin:
Reply 3
In my experience, there are none :frown:
Reply 4
Dating sites just generally suck. They are for guys who want a quick lay (won't happen) or girls who want to window shop and be inundated with compliments, but never actually see the people face to face. Considering your "Do I look good thread", sounds perfect for you. :colonhash:
Reply 5
Original post by Zarek
How young? If you're young it's best to just get out and about to seek true love. Internet dating has about as much enjoyment associated as the graduate recruitment milk round and probably less success.

18. and from what I've seen that only works with people who go out and get smashed all the time. It's difficult to meet the kind of people I'd get along with because they're all difficult to meet with in the first place.

Original post by geoking
Dating sites just generally suck. They are for guys who want a quick lay (won't happen) or girls who want to window shop and be inundated with compliments, but never actually see the people face to face. Considering your "Do I look good thread", sounds perfect for you. :colonhash:

That's all that kinda happens in RL though? Like above; plus half the guys who go out just want a quick lay.
And no not really; I have a couple of guys on my fb who do that; it's really boring and tbh I just want someone to meet face to face but that is difficult for me to do..

[QUOTE=anonymous
pie227;46379900]edit: too harsh too harsh

I don't know. op. Good luck on your quest.

tumblr_m5csw6xRJo1rwcc6bo1_250.gif

Original post by Aniaa
www.twoo.com
I met my boyfriend there :biggrin:

I shall have a look :smile:
Reply 6
...one big problem with online dating. You don't know if who you're talking to actually exists. Sure you can arrange a meet up but what if he doesn't turn up?
Reply 7
Original post by marinaim
18. and from what I've seen that only works with people who go out and get smashed all the time. It's difficult to meet the kind of people I'd get along with because they're all difficult to meet with in the first place.

See your point. Not at all sure you will stand a better chance with Internet dating but perhaps worth a try. Seems a better experience for girls than guys.
Reply 8
Original post by Zarek
See your point. Not at all sure you will stand a better chance with Internet dating but perhaps worth a try. Seems a better experience for girls than guys.

Original post by shawn_o1
...one big problem with online dating. You don't know if who you're talking to actually exists. Sure you can arrange a meet up but what if he doesn't turn up?

Fair enough; but what's the alternative? If anyone can suggest a better way I could actually meet people in RL that would be great lol.
Although I do think the availability of people my age is probably limited on sites..
Reply 9
Join a club? Play a team sport? (By "club" I don't mean the one where you dance all night and have lots of drinks, although if you're fine with that, why not?)
Reply 10
Fair enough; but what's the alternative? If anyone can suggest a better way I could actually meet people in RL that would be great lol.
Although I do think the availability of people my age is probably limited on sites..

Join some clubs or voluntary organisations which might attract like minded people to yourself.
Reply 11
Original post by Zarek
Join some clubs or voluntary organisations which might attract like minded people to yourself.

Original post by shawn_o1
Join a club? Play a team sport? (By "club" I don't mean the one where you dance all night and have lots of drinks, although if you're fine with that, why not?)

I do lots; unfortunately cheer doesn't attract many men. My political club tends to be full of men! However they all seem to be taken haha.
Reply 12

That's all that kinda happens in RL though? Like above; plus half the guys who go out just want a quick lay.
And no not really; I have a couple of guys on my fb who do that; it's really boring and tbh I just want someone to meet face to face but that is difficult for me to do..

There's looking for a quick lay, and then there is being sent dick pics... :tongue:

If you do actually intend on meeting people then please, join a site as there are too many window shoppers. As for actual sites, okcupid is, well, okay, and POF is heaving, but filled with the dregs of society...
I have met some great friends online.I don't really have any recommendations, since I haven't used any of them in years. Just make sure you are safe if you ever decide to meet up with anyone. Meet in a public place and tell a friend where you are going.
Reply 14
X
Now random winks and messages are already streaming in (from match - why does everything say free then cost money :s-smilie:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Inazuma
Just as I made my profile on match; got a call and the guy I'd sent a note to in my halls actually got it.. like omg :colondollar::redface:
And now random winks and messages are already streaming in anyway (from match - why does everything say free then cost money >:frown: )

People use, Plenty Of Fish and OkCupid. Have a go on there.

Plus Tinder... Aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my experience Tinder is the best. I tried POF and LOVOO and they were both **** - I'm out 3-4 nights a week so meeting people isn't an issue for me, I just like to keep my options open, I've had a laugh and made some good friends on tinder, plus there are a lot of attractive guys on there, I guess it's because it's seen as the more socially acceptable dating app.

You just have to be carful and know the signs of someone who's just after a shag.
Reply 17
What do when you begin working full time so don't have the opportunity to go out meeting new people all the time?

Original post by xOHarriet
In my experience Tinder is the best. I tried POF and LOVOO and they were both **** - I'm out 3-4 nights a week so meeting people isn't an issue for me, I just like to keep my options open, I've had a laugh and made some good friends on tinder, plus there are a lot of attractive guys on there, I guess it's because it's seen as the more socially acceptable dating app.

You just have to be carful and know the signs of someone who's just after a shag.

Last I heard Tinder was just for quick shags too.
Original post by CJKay
Last I heard Tinder was just for quick shags too.

This is correct. My friend uses it and he always goes for ONS, although a small minority of people use it for genuine relationships.
Not every guy using dating sites or things like tinder are just after sex you know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending